2020 Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Starts at $59,995

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Have you seen it in person? I felt the same until I did, and then I got it. Car is sleek as heck.
I think the front looks great. It's dat a$$ I have an issue with. Odd proportions. And then some angles it looks really long. Well, it is so they could fit golf clubs back there, but looks strange. I don't particularly like the rear of my C7 either. C6 has the best rear end of all the generations IMO.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I think the front looks great. It's dat a$$ I have an issue with. Odd proportions. And then some angles it looks really long. Well, it is so they could fit golf clubs back there, but looks strange. I don't particularly like the rear of my C7 either. C6 has the best rear end of all the generations IMO.
I think the C5 and C6 were the best designs. So clean, perfect proportions and restrained design.

I like the C7 too, but getting a bit busy in design, and I agree the C8 rear looks awkward, and the comment about golf clubs makes sense. I think the front 2/3 of the C8 looks good.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Chevy’s hard at work on the mid-engine ZR1

Intake: Thanks to the ever-sharp-eyed Corvette fandom, we’ve gotten a tantalizing reminder that Chevrolet is busy developing the apex predator of the C8 family. That is, the most aggressive variant whose driveline does not incorporate some form of electric assistance. Peering into a factory restoration facility in the Corvette Museum, a sharp-eyed fan spotted a Z06 engine mounted on a wooden cart printed with the text: LT6 GAMMA and LT7 BETA. Aficionados will recognize each as Corvette engine codes, the latter alphanumeric expected to refer to the ZR1’s powerplant. The ZR1 moniker has long denoted the most race-tuned Corvette of the line and, since the C6 “Blue Devil,” its engine has been supercharged. The first-ever mid-engine ZR1 is expected to be forced-induction as well, but look for two turbochargers rather than a supercharger. The base, as indicated by the engine above, will be familiar: The 670-hp, flat-plane-crank LT6 found in the C8 Z06. Strapped with the turbos, the engine’s output should rise to over 800 hp.

Exhaust: For the first time, the ZR1 won’t be the be-all, end-all Corvette: That honor will go to the Zora, which will supplement the ZR1’s LT7 with two AC motors, one on each front wheel, giving it all-wheel drive and, most likely, over 1000 hp. GM Authority expects the ZR1 to appear late next year; we’d time its arrival more conservatively, for 2026. —Grace Houghton