Manual Z delivery delays

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Do not know Canadian law.... but Nissan does not have your deposit. Your dealer does. And they can hold it for a decade if they want.
Ask for it back if you have had enough? It is refundable.

Deposit just holds your place in line for when a dealer has said model. Does not mean they have to bring you inside the inner circle.
Huh? Actually nissan canada is holding all deposits if you were here back in jan/February all the preorders were sent directly to nissan canada and the dealers who took deposits also sent all the info to nissan canada

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Said I donā€™t know how canadia works. Different than what I am used to. I have a deposit on a model that may or may not ever come true since 2021.

There are now several usa people that have confirmed that they have manual Zs sitting at dealership that can not be processed until some manual glitch is fixed

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
The ā€˜73 240Zā€™s were delayed due to carburetor issues. You will note the ā€˜73ā€™s have extra insulation added near the carbs. Perhaps someone can give a better answer about that delay. I know that was a factor when I got mine all those years ago. Datsun (Nissan) let the dealers know about the delay so they could inform their customers. My dealer let me know, although I was disappointed, at least I was informed.. I don't see big deal of just coming clean & saying they identified an issue & they will get it corrected.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Lol that dude came in to hype everyone up before the launch event.......then peace'd the fuck out. Think that was like September 2019 or some shit i cant remember its been so long. He left everyone anticipating pricing and cars being sold in the spring LOL. Kinda funny thinking about it now. Actually nvm im crying
I'm pretty sure I was the prick face who compelled him to leave.

Ain't his fault, he's like the Jen Psaki of Nissan......

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

It's just so wild to think about this whole launch. I remember being frustrated leading up to the big unveil event because we had no official info, then after watching the event we were still pissed because we had no new info, and now here we are over a year later and still have barely any info. I understand the issues out there but the lack of info over such a long period is crazy.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

If I recall, @West Aussie had some pretty pointed questions Dan didn't seem to take kindly to also. Not that I blame her. They were good questions, just not the kind Dan could answer.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If I recall, @West Aussie had some pretty pointed questions Dan didn't seem to take kindly to also. Not that I blame her. They were good questions, just not the kind Dan could answer.
Nahā€¦I wasnā€™t the one that made Dan leaveā€¦I upset the dealer (Sean Steggal I think) about coming onto the Forum and trying to push more cars even though he has a list of ā€œmore than a hundredā€, because he promised only 5K mark up for a non proto model.

I have pretty good instincts with people and at least on that one count I think Iā€™ve been shown to be correct.

Think @takemorepills was referring to my personal dealersā€¦a bit of a running joke.
Yes Iā€™m onto my third dealer, but not because of what Iā€™ve said to them, but because they went to other dealerships due to having absolutely no cars to sell and therefore no dealer delivery fee (commission). I know Iā€™m not alone on this one in Aus plenty have had multiple dealers leave during the period of no new cars coming in

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Haha, yeah, WA definitely takes a "gloves off" approach when she opines about the state of the car business in the USA!

Let's face it, Dan would've lost his job had he told us what's really going on.

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4
Did we hear his take on anything? I don't recall ever seeing anything of substance from him. I didn't read everything of course so maybe I'm wrong?
I received this today... urghh. It's almost like Nissan wants me to cancel my order.

1668195549715.png

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I received this today... urghh. It's almost like Nissan wants me to cancel my order.

1668195549715.png
these emails were sent out apparently a month ago

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did we hear his take on anything? I don't recall ever seeing anything of substance from him. I didn't read everything of course so maybe I'm wrong?
yeah we did. his take on the basically answering questions he can only answer. never gave us dates besides spring, no transparency on whats going on with the production of the car, and then just said bye guys people were too angry about markups(which are out of his control). I dont blame him for leaving the forum but what i do blame him for is the shitty roll out him and his team put out and lack of transparency of what is going on other than "supply chain issues". even for us in canada all the cars have come out that was shown this year eg. integra, type r, soon gr corolla, and even the biggest competitor gr supra(manual). now they are thinking of selling this 2023 model in spring/summer of 23? shouldnt it be a my24? if i had known this would be such a garbage release i woulda cross shopped long ago before spring even happened, now im stuck here waiting yet again due to poor weather for another year. big thanks to Nissan for the customer service!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
yeah we did. his take on the basically answering questions he can only answer. never gave us dates besides spring, no transparency on whats going on with the production of the car, and then just said bye guys people were too angry about markups(which are out of his control). I dont blame him for leaving the forum but what i do blame him for is the shitty roll out him and his team put out and lack of transparency of what is going on other than "supply chain issues". even for us in canada all the cars have come out that was shown this year eg. integra, type r, soon gr corolla, and even the biggest competitor gr supra(manual). now they are thinking of selling this 2023 model in spring/summer of 23? shouldnt it be a my24? if i had known this would be such a garbage release i woulda cross shopped long ago before spring even happened, now im stuck here waiting yet again due to poor weather for another year. big thanks to Nissan for the customer service!
I only blame Dan and his team for irresponsibly hyping a vehicle they knew they couldn't deliver.

There's a bigger reason these things happened, and not all the blame goes on manufacturers.

A certain country dropped a pandemic on the world, and that same country refuses to drop there C-zero policy, which has turned the supply chain upside down for 3 years now.

Publicly traded companies tend to lie in their communications to avoid the inevitable damage to their shares. That means Nissan, or Boeing, or Ford, can't be "honest" to their customers because once the market hears about it, their share values would plummet. They don't want their values to plummet before reports and earnings are officially released, because modern investing makes money daily, the more days you can avoid the truth, the more investment money can be made.