First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Instructor friend had a lady last weekend with a manual Proto. Guess one of the ones that got out before the fix. He likes the potential of the car. Suspension has a bit too much roll (but we knew that and can fix)
Because it wasn't his car he only drove it 8/10s

Said the second gear issue is awful fwiw.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
THE biggest issue here, whether Nissan is trying to correct known problems or not, is COMMUNICATION!!! The TOTAL lack of!!:mad:
Oh they did communicated, through Super Bowl advertising. They reeled in every American ppl to buy their cars (including the Z). I think the manufacturing problems might have manifested long before the Super Bowl, but I think they doubled down on it and wished the fairy would come and save them at full-scale production.

So I think they've gone too far with the false promises and now it's hard to walk back to make any coherent excuses.

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
I see that some dealers are getting manual Zs scheduled for delivery in December (some maybe sooner) Anyone know if that means they have a fix for the manual?

Blue Zs.jpg

OP
OP

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
I see that some dealers are getting manual Zs scheduled for delivery in December (some maybe sooner) Anyone know if that means they have a fix for the manual?

Blue Zs.jpg
My dealer informed me that the manuals have a fix and should start arriving in December. The Proto I have coming has been at the port of Los Angeles for over 8 weeks.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
They have totally screwed upā€¦.if so many of us, the truly keen enthusiasts are cancelling orders how many of just the regular interested guys are

Gotta go down as one of the biggest flops of car launches of all time
Hey West Aussie,

Agreed. I actually cancelled and got my deposit back and bought something else. Plus our Nissan financing rate went to 8.79% so it was looking like it was going to take around 40K CAD down to make the payment workable or reasonable. And plus it wasn't a great car.

OP
OP

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
Hey West Aussie,

Agreed. I actually cancelled and got my deposit back and bought something else. Plus our Nissan financing rate went to 8.79% so it was looking like it was going to take around 40K CAD down to make the payment workable or reasonable. And plus it wasn't a great car.
I am probably going to hold on with my deposit on a Proto. My vehicle is on hold at the port of Los Angeles for at least 10 weeks

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey West Aussie,

The issue we have in Aus is there is so little else on offer in this price range.
The mustangs will still be a good chuck over, and for me itā€™s too muscly of a muscle caršŸ¤£
The Supra is 20k more, and I just donā€™t like the look of it ā€¦i have no doubt performance wise itā€™s great, but I just canā€™t stop thinking the aesthetics are too over done, and dare I say ugly.

So then we have the choice of the MX-5 (Miata to you guys) which I was very much tempted to buy, but itā€™s just a bit too small for an everyday car.

The corvette here is almost 200k, so thatā€™s a no, then 718s and the like new are also 150k
There are a couple second hand that look good, but with the market the way it is they are still over priced.
So Iā€™m in the situation where I wait a few more monthsā€¦if the Porsche comes down in price a bit more I will jump ship but at present itā€™s still 40k over the Z second hand, so itā€™s a big jump

To be honest my biggest regret in all of this now is selling my Peugeot RCZ Type R ā€¦.if I could go back in time Iā€™d forget about the Z and keep it

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
To be honest my biggest regret in all of this now is selling my Peugeot RCZ Type R ā€¦.if I could go back in time Iā€™d forget about the Z and keep it
Yep agree there, that's a very nice Peugeot model, and I bet better built than the new Z.

FYI I'm keeping my GT Perf Pack Lvl 2 Mustang for now. It IS a bigger car, but have you driven the current S550 model? Great power for the price comparatively. It feels smaller when driving it, quick enough steering, nice interior ergonomics. Great handling too, if you opt for the Performance Pack, and if avail in Aus.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yep agree there, that's a very nice Peugeot model, and I bet better built than the new Z.

FYI I'm keeping my GT Perf Pack Lvl 2 Mustang for now. It IS a bigger car, but have you driven the current S550 model? Great power for the price comparatively. It feels smaller when driving it, quick enough steering, nice interior ergonomics. Great handling too, if you opt for the Performance Pack, and if avail in Aus.
The problem is the sizeā€¦regardless of how it feels.
It wonā€™t fit in my garage šŸ˜–