Manual Z delivery delays

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Yep agree there, that's a very nice Peugeot model, and I bet better built than the new Z.

FYI I'm keeping my GT Perf Pack Lvl 2 Mustang for now. It IS a bigger car, but have you driven the current S550 model? Great power for the price comparatively. It feels smaller when driving it, quick enough steering, nice interior ergonomics. Great handling too, if you opt for the Performance Pack, and if avail in Aus.
I've been looking around and reconfirming my options, so have been lurking a few Mustang forums. Have you test driven the Z? I'm curious to know how people think the two compare on road in terms of agility and ride quality.

I recently took the Z for a test drive and was kind of surprised by the refinement and suspension tuning for road use.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I've been looking around and reconfirming my options, so have been lurking a few Mustang forums. Have you test driven the Z? I'm curious to know how people think the two compare on road in terms of agility and ride quality.

I recently took the Z for a test drive and was kind of surprised by the refinement and suspension tuning for road use.
Great that you've test driven the new Z, I haven't. But from all the reviews, agree with you, the Z will probably be a nicer, more refined, road car. Nissan tuned it that way. The suspension is dialed to be on the softer side, more of a GT car for all types of driving environments.

But on the other hand I could definitely bet the Perf Pack Mustangs will be much better on track, stock for stock. Adjustable settings for suspension and steering (Normal, Sport+, Track), Brembo front brakes, avail Recaros, etc. Same with the Camaro with 1LE pkg. The Z's tires are the biggest compromise IMO.

I still do want a full test drive of the Z, though, to compare. It's a much better car than the outgoing 370Z for sure.

Good luck and do let us know what you decide with 👍