First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 Pontiac Trans Am, 1968 Chevrolet C10
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
Do not believe I've seen it posted elsewhere, however c/o @McLovin157 we've got what I believe are the US exterior/interior combos confirmed (added to first post, also here for visibility).

Nissan Z Color Pallet.jpg
BG getting all three colors is such a big win. That much bright color added to the shiftiness of the BG really does make it a desirable option. Unfortunately, I really am sold on Blue on Blue (but I’d concede for a red on red). Honestly this car looks good in every color.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Do not believe I've seen it posted elsewhere, however c/o @McLovin157 we've got what I believe are the US exterior/interior combos confirmed (added to first post, also here for visibility).

Can't believe we can't get blue on yellow. They really don't want us to have that Wolverine spec. Maybe, that's exclusively Mazda territory? (Yes, that was bad X2/RX8 joke).

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep

Thank you for posting this here. I've been busy all freaking day talking with people about changing their orders now that we know exactly how we can customize the Z for the US.

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
BG getting all three colors is such a big win. That much bright color added to the shiftiness of the BG really does make it a desirable option. Unfortunately, I really am sold on Blue on Blue (but I’d concede for a red on red). Honestly this car looks good in every color.
The fact you can get the sport in all color options I think is the biggest win for the Z. That opens up a lot of avenues for many people.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
To get around that, compute your payment with your desired rate. Take your current rate payment, subtract your desired rate payment, and add the sum of that to your actual payment. You'll get your "effective" rate over the life of your loan because the interest is calculated on a descending loan balance.

If you pay more on principal each month, you'll pay less interest overall.

Payment at 4.99% = 547.67
Payment at 1.99% = 517.67
Add $30 to your 547.67 payment each month to pay an effective rate of 1.99% over the life of the loan.
This was very, very helpful. Thanks for this. I plan to put a wack down but I'm so busy I don't pay attention to how car loans are structured vs. mortgages. Awesome!

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
man ive been doing the rates at 5.9 just incase lol
No kidding! My last 370Z was at 2.9 or 3.9. Can't remember. But my Nissan dealer said they've got rates around 4.9 with decent terms.

Thought Experiment: If Nissan Corp offered 1.9% on the new Z it wouldn't matter what the price was as much. They'd be financing their own price increase! Just wait until everyone has to re-mortgage this next year (which will be me) and you go from something like 2.7% up to 4% on a property of 1M. That is going to hurt.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can't believe we can't get blue on yellow. They really don't want us to have that Wolverine spec. Maybe, that's exclusively Mazda territory? (Yes, that was bad X2/RX8 joke).
Interesting. Just checked again this morning on mine which is Boulder Grey. In Canada they won't let us have the red accent interior just the black charcoal leather. *sniff sniff*

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Thought Experiment: If Nissan Corp offered 1.9% on the new Z it wouldn't matter what the price was as much. They'd be financing their own price increase!
An artificially low rate from the manufacturer is used to move cars. That's not going to happen with this car...

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
This was very, very helpful. Thanks for this. I plan to put a wack down but I'm so busy I don't pay attention to how car loans are structured vs. mortgages. Awesome!
There are two different types of loans in regard to how interest is computed and paid.

Rule of 78's: usually for those with substandard credit and used primarily by lower tier subprime finance companies. You pay an exorbitant amount of interest and it's "front loaded", meaning you pay mainly interest first and it's difficult to trade early because you're not paying down principal until about the 2/3rd month of the loan term.

Simple interest: interest charges each month are based on a "declining balance", so the more principal you pay each month, the less amount of interest you pay over the term of the loan. These are car, mortgage, recreational, and unsecured loans for people with fair to excellent credit.

Don't get me started on credit card interest. Just to say, avoid exorbitant balances you're not able to payoff over 4-6 months. If you are going to make a major purchase, such as furniture, etc then get a simple interest unsecured loan at a Credit Union.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Very interesting. Is finance through dealership that popular in US?

Majority of Australians have an offset account for their home mortgage which makes dealership (or 3rd party) finance less common. Interest rates are usually at least 5x those of home loans.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
@McLovin157 are US dealers already starting to take down what people want to order? I've contacted mine (N. Carolina) and haven't heard anything back yet. Number 4 on their "list" for what it's worth.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Very interesting. Is finance through dealership that popular in US?
Yes, strictly because of convenience, especially if the manufacturer offers a "subvented" or sponsored rate such as 1.99% which is designed to move product (you HAVE to get the loan through the manufacturer's finance arm).

Now, here's where it gets sleazy. Say, you go to dealer and they get an approval from one of their lenders. In almost all cases, the dealer can mark up the rate as much as 3 to 4% and will keep about 75% of that extra interest profit, with the bank keeping the rest.

Some Credit Unions don't allow their network dealers to do that.

That's why it's VITAL to obtain financing before you go, and the dealer will accept a "sight draft", and they'll get paid when they prove to the bank the lien has been applied to the title of the car. A Credit Union usually has the lowest rates, and a vast majority have arrangements with local dealers.