Not open for further replies.

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The Shanghai ship situation can't be understated. Alot of automotive manufacturers (mine included) are struggling to even get basic materials in like rubbers and plastics. Our production was reduced by 20% last month JUST because of that.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
It's been fun guys, but I saw this going downhill fast with their radio silence for months upon months. When that Japanese pricing hit, and they charged $10k more for the performance trim, that was that.

Car is not worth $50k. The interior isn't worth it. The fit and finish won't be. And I bet you the performance is going to be underwhelming.

At $50k:
- BMW M240i is the better buy and better GT car. It starts at $48k lol. Will likely outperform the Z.

- Supra is on a new chassis and lighter. Makes just as much power. Tons of support. Will outperform the Z.

- For $46k you can get a 1SS 1LE Camaro and destroy the Z on the track. It will likely have the same quality interior. And it's adjustable dampers will make it more livable.

There's also the mustang too, but I'm not getting into that.

Car's dead. Needed to be $45k tops. Imagine Nissan thinking the stuff they put in the performance trim is worth $10k. No Recaros, no brembos, a crappy Bose system, and spoilers.

I'll be placing an order in on Monday for a 2023 1SS 1LE. I'll be able to get what I want, with no mark up. Just wait for Nissan dealers slapping $5-20k mark up on these things.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
It's been fun guys, but I saw this going downhill fast with their radio silence for months upon months. When that Japanese pricing hit, and they charged $10k more for the performance trim, that was that.

Car is not worth $50k. The interior isn't worth it. The fit and finish won't be. And I bet you the performance is going to be underwhelming.

At $50k:
- BMW M240i is the better buy and better GT car. It starts at $48k lol. Will likely outperform the Z.

- Supra is on a new chassis and lighter. Makes just as much power. Tons of support. Will outperform the Z.

- For $46k you can get a 1SS 1LE Camaro and destroy the Z on the track. It will likely have the same quality interior. And it's adjustable dampers will make it more livable.

There's also the mustang too, but I'm not getting into that.

Car's dead. Needed to be $45k tops. Imagine Nissan thinking the stuff they put in the performance trim is worth $10k. No Recaros, no brembos, a crappy Bose system, and spoilers.

I'll be placing an order in on Monday for a 2023 1SS 1LE. I'll be able to get what I want, with no mark up. Just wait for Nissan dealers slapping $5-20k mark up on these things.
I might be out the door too, only reason I was here is because of the bait and switch when I was going C8 and I'm a Nissan guy at heart.

I want to apologize for getting everyone's hopes up, the info I had was from converting (the then) Yen pricing to USD.....it came out to 35 and some change, Last thing I heard was "38k and 45k" and that was earlier this year.

This 40/50k bullshit is just that, bullshit. I can think of a lot of other cars I'd rather have for fuckin' $50,000 - I'd rather get back in line for a C8 than pay 50k for a 370Z with a body kit and motor swap.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Atacama Yellow Toyota Z4 M40i Premium GTS
Occupation
Full Time Rubber Band Elasticity Tester
Even if they were giving them away, I'd phone up the nearest junkyard who will pay me for them to tow it away ... might be worth around $1000 in scrap. ;)
If they give $1000 for a supra at the junkyard, then Nissan will follow at $500 with the new Z in typical Nissan fashion, $300 for the base model 🤣

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Chips are not currently the worst issue. In fact, I think that's beginning to ease a bit.

With Shanghai still in an endless lockdown, there's 400+ cargo ships at anchor, over 600 at anchor for all of China combined, waiting to transfer cargo.
These are ships and containers that are part of the worldwide supply that are used by nearly everyone for commerce, that are stuck in China.

I'm waiting for a certain Yamaha motorcycle to come in, they've been built, but there's no cargo ships available to transport them.
shipping a pallet to Aus has gone up 700% since the start of the pandemic, so a car would have gone up at least 200…perhaos even more

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
50K for the Performance is exactly what I was expecting. The engine is costly to manufacture. The V6 TT will cost more to maintain properly than the 370Z's V6. And like the 370, it requires premium gas which will be $5/gallon soon. This is not an economy car.
Bruh, the Q50 didn't have a massive jump when it went VQ > VR......this is Nissan being greedy, a huge part IMO of why the 370Z stalled where the 350Z sold like hotcakes.

They need to go back to 38 and 45, I'm sure 45 was the limit for a lot of us.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yeah its just insane, I feel like we've waited 10 months just to be kicked in the balls lol. What a disappointment from Nissan. Unless they pull something crazy next week and the price isnt bad after all, I'll be walking away. 55k or more out the door after fees and bullshit markups for a performance is laughable. Bless anyone who's fortunate enough or dumb enough to pay that.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
This 40/50k bullshit is just that, bullshit. I can think of a lot of other cars I'd rather have for fuckin' $50,000 - I'd rather get back in line for a C8 than pay 50k for a 370Z with a body kit and motor swap.
Looks as if I called it back in September...

Screenshot_20220514-195558_Chrome.jpg

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
When comparing the Z vs Supra, the Z falls short in just about every category now:

- Supra has a nicer interior (BMW or not, you're delusional if you think the Z interior is better)
- Supra has better performance (manufacturer HP figures are closer to WHP, it also weighs less than the Z, faster 0-60)
- Supra essentially has better practicality from a sports car perspective (bigger trunk space)
- Supra has better tech (Again, yes it is BMW but are you really going to try and argue that Nissan has better technology than BMW?)
- Supra 8AT/ZF is a whole league above Z 9AT and now a manual will be optional

The ONLY thing the Z has (or I guess had) going for it is the potential for an incredible bargain in the sports car segment it's in. And this is coming from A CURRENT 370Z OWNER.
It’s still not a SUPRA to me. It lost the JDM feel that some people admired. If I want a BMW, I would just go get one.

Toyota lost respect from me from doing that’s but that’s just me

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
If the base model had a limited-slip diff, I'd seriously consider it. But even that seems like rewarding Nissan for deliberately trying to rip off their own fanbase which, it must be noted, is exceptionally loyal.

This is just cynical from Nissan. Do better.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
Typical forum BS: pricing has *not* been announced yet - any discussion of it as fact is fake news. Price targets were set by product planners years ago when the design parameters were set, it's obviously been known internally with a few thousand. It's also a factor of the quantity that can be built, and the quantity that is planned. Wait until it's announced externally.

Nor have there been any public road tests (other than the juvenile silliness of listening to the noise it makes). Those of us who have modified Z/G/Qs know that the suspension design is excellent - and that spring rate, shocks, bushings, and probably more body welding and adhesives will add a lot to this.

And so typical in these forums that people threaten to get a C8 or SS: entirely different cars that are in entirely different classes in both performance and price. A Corvette will end up costing twice as much and take a year or more to get. An SS 1LE has a far better suspension, if you can live with it (and the terrible visibility). Yes, I've driven both on track and had lots of students with them. I don't believe there is any valid cross-shopping unless somebody is actually saying "I can't decide whether to spend 45k, 67k, or 100k". That is a tiny minority, if anybody real.

(That said, there is no way I'd buy a RWD Z without a mechanical limited slip diff.)

And the Supra - if you want a car where each quadrant was styled by an entirely different and unrelated team, where silly fake vents abound, and where the available quantity of the manual option hasn't been announced yet, good luck. It's already mid-sixties $ in the current model year. And I'd think twice before investing in something that may have rod bearings, vanos, rear shock mounts, and plastic radiator endtank issues within 10 years. It's very hard to buy used performance BMWs of the last 20 years without some of these issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.