First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan sport z
An honest review Z1 touring cat back exhaust-Underwhelming/Gentleman’s exhaust

Quality and fitment 10/10
Impressive how tucked and close this is to keep it from having issues on a lowered car. No issue with vibrations or trying to fit it above the W brace.

Installation EASY (1 person, 2 hours)
A breeze if you know how to use a couple tools and jack a car up. I think I used 15,16 and 17mm sockets and the exhaust mount pressing tool for hangers.

Sound 2/10 (IT’S NOT BAD)
So, the reason for the 2 is because there’s barely any additional sound from this. You can listen to the video. I drove the car for 30 minutes with freeway and city driving-the only sound is when you’re going up through gears until 2500rpm then there’s nothing. The sound between 1k-2500 is minimal, maybe a decimal or two louder than the stock manual exhaust. Almost a deep hum that wants to let you know you’re in gear and nothing more. Underwhelming if you’re seeking some exhaust notes. On the freeway, you don’t hear anything at all-which I find is great for long distance/daily freeway drivers.

Performance idk 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m sure the wider piping will help with performance after tuning, but I’m not an expert here.

Overall
It’s a beautiful work of art that has potential to give increased power without waking up the Karen’s in your neighborhood or notifying cops that you’re doing freeway pulls. I’d call this a gentleman’s exhaust, more for the mature vq owners not looking for attention at every gas station and car meet. If you’re looking to hear turbos and or more than the wind coming in the window-this ain’t it bois.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
In my opinion (not having heard any Z exhaust sound in real life, waiting on my car to be picked up in two weeks. But watching every review our there, especially ones with mods done on the exhaust)

The downpipes are the bottleneck (I'd argue full, both the upper and lower)
Without changing the downpipes, many exhaust are not going to "dramatically" change the exhaust notes.

I have the full MAP downpipes and catback exhaust ready to install when I get my car and will gladly report the difference

OP
OP
Arashi_z_

Arashi_z_

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan sport z
The manual is especially quiet. I’d bet the auto stock exhaust is louder than the z1. I tried uploading but can’t(30 seconds is too long?). Z1 uses a video to sell this exhaust that they confirmed had other mods…sales tactics man. I’m installing lower ldp this weekend hoping for a difference but I’ve heard it’s not much.

map sounds louder, but I wasn’t sure of the tone being great. Videos are tough to go off of. Let us know!

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Sound 2/10 (IT’S NOT BAD)
So, the reason for the 2 is because there’s barely any additional sound from this. You can listen to the video. I drove the car for 30 minutes with freeway and city driving-the only sound is when you’re going up through gears until 2500rpm then there’s nothing. The sound between 1k-2500 is minimal, maybe a decimal or two louder than the stock manual exhaust. Almost a deep hum that wants to let you know you’re in gear and nothing more. Underwhelming if you’re seeking some exhaust notes. On the freeway, you don’t hear anything at all-which I find is great for long distance/daily freeway drivers.
Why Nissan made it so hard to get some character out of the Z exhaust system I don't know. As all the YT videos show, the VR30 can sound great, but it seems like more work than it should be to get there.

Turboad

First Name
Turboad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
400Z
have the same exhaust with ams catted downpipes. Sounds really good, big improvement over stock but very driveable and liveable on the street / highway.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Why Nissan made it so hard to get some character out of the Z exhaust system I don't know. As all the YT videos show, the VR30 can sound great, but it seems like more work than it should be to get there.
Besides the fact that twin turbo motors are inherently “muffled”, I think a big reason the VR30 is muted is due to the cylinder head design which integrates the exhaust manifold (AKA “headifold”), allowing the turbo to bolt directly to the head.

Supposedly a good design for thermal efficiency and exhaust flow, but eliminates the option to run equal length headers that make for a nice exhaust note

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
How is this exhaust in comparison to the hks one? Both sound great from the clips posted on YT.