BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Just wish they could make the car a bit smaller and sleeker . I don't know what it is , but it just looks so bulky and big. Like every other Mustang / Camaro / Challenger , i suppose

Screenshot 2022-09-17 002414.jpg
The Camaro is a solid hundred pounds lighter, couple inches shorter, and lower. The Challenger is like 197 inches long which was the same as 4th gen f bodies. Ultimately, the Camaro LT1 is 200 pounds heavier than the base Z and base 5.0 is almost 300 pounds heavier than the Z across the board.

I would have liked a smaller mustang too, but the 6th gen Camaro lost a few hundred pounds because of the alpha platform. The mustang did not use another platform here. Camaro is limited in performance due to the Corvette and it's a damn shame Chevy never enhanced the Camaro over the years and now you see sales at dismal numbers.

Nothing like driving a muscle car I will tell you that. Although a much different experience, the only feeling that comes close is being in a swapped Honda. But, it's a unique experience. My passenger seat vibrates at the drive thru, loud, chest rattling exhaust, and glorious sound under load. People in Subies behave when I'm near and gtfo the way instead of being embarrassed. Then some people will play and just want to see you go.

My STi was the only other car where some people just wanted to see it go with a quick pull or two.

Challenger is a masterpiece and ended up outselling the mustang at certain times, the Camaro is probably the best driver's car, but the mustang always was and always will be the greatest of the three. The most sophisticated engine and most proven at the strip. They've never stopped building them in nearly sixty years, sold half a million in the first model year, and three plants worked around the clock in building them during that first year. I know I made the right choice.

I may have to buy another one if the twin throttle body gen 4 is tunable and as capable as what I think it will be.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just checked…I joined the forum on In April 21…and here we are still waiting.
I’m tossing up if it’s time to cut my loses…seen a good deal on another car I really like, only issue is it’s Auto.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just checked…I joined the forum on In April 21…and here we are still waiting.
I’m tossing up if it’s time to cut my loses…seen a good deal on another car I really like, only issue is it’s Auto.
What year?? 🤣 So you're in this thread drooling on the 7th Gen? What's another Mustang in Australia eh?! Come on, at least test drive one, the Coyote and exhaust is such addicting V8 territory. I still grin when I downshift rev-match mine in town at corners with pedestrians, startles them royal LOL

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
What year?? 🤣 So you're in this thread drooling on the 7th Gen? What's another Mustang in Australia eh?! Come on, at least test drive one, the Coyote and exhaust is such addicting V8 territory. I still grin when I downshift rev-match mine in town at corners with pedestrians, startles them royal LOL
April 2021 …the mustangs is too big for my garage …the door won’t close
There are a few other options though

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
... the Coyote and exhaust is such addicting V8 territory. I still grin when I downshift rev-match mine in town at corners with pedestrians, startles them royal LOL
There's no Replacement for Displacement...so they say. đź‘Ť

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Just wish they could make the car a bit smaller and sleeker . I don't know what it is , but it just looks so bulky and big. Like every other Mustang / Camaro / Challenger , i suppose

From this angle, I think it's the pedestrian compliant front end that is making it somewhat awkward....

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
It's a lot nicer than the S550 especially the rear. Let's be honest the hood vents are towards the front because of the twin bodies. The only car I would trade mine for would be a C8.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Honestly , if Mustang could just trim down the front end, and even the rear end a bit , i think the car would look so much better
So it's the size and not the styling? No other performance car to hold the mustang back in Ford's lineup I wish they would shed some size and weight too, but this car is within 50 pounds of the last gen which I like.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer

This is a camera illusion. I bet if he stands in front of the car it will look smaller. Most of these cars look smaller in person standing next to them.

-RJM

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
So it's the size and not the styling? No other performance car to hold the mustang back in Ford's lineup I wish they would shed some size and weight too, but this car is within 50 pounds of the last gen which I like.
Really I'm not in love with the styling , but I think it looks pretty good . But part of what makes it not that attractive is how bulky it looks .

If they could have just made the car exterior smaller , and made the front end smaller and sleeker , i think the styling would have been way better .

Another problem I've always had is that the Mustang gets sold to the public as the slower , base model , non GT performance model . And you end up with thousands of regular joes driving around in non GT/Track Mustangs , so you end up seeing them everywhere and it really diminishes the coolness of the car

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
The auto is better than the Zs. Both 10r80 and tremec are money. MT82 aside, mustang offers the better transmissions.
That's the rub really. If you're after a manual the MT-82 still feels like a gamble, whether it really is any more or not. Otherwise an auto GT w/ magneride & recaros is great value imo, which it hopefully continues to be in the new generation.