GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
This will be my first Nissan period, I tried three times in three different portions of my life to get a Z and never was able to.

Now I'm in a much better position to be able to sorta "take" what I want and not have to worry about who or what's in the way.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
as ive mentioned before in a couple other threads, ive owned an 04 350z.
the first new vehicle i ever bought was a nissan hardbody pickup during my mini truck phase.
i also had another nissan hardbody extended cab that was gonna be another lowrider project but sold it before that happened.
oh, just remembered, i did buy my wife an 05 frontier off-road brand new. made the mistake of trading it for a z4 lol...

its been a few years since ive had a nissan. and ive stuck to owning/buying toyotas and mazdas....4 tacomas and 3 supras.
i did almost buy an r32 on a couple occassions but fell through during bidding. currently own 2 mazda fd rx7's.
hope to pick up an fc rx7 some time in the future.

Last edited:

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
This will be my second. Iā€™ve always liked 90s Skylines, had a 96 R33 for a few years. It was literally bone stock. Those particular models were pretty common in Australia so I was hesitant of putting money into it, so I sold with the idea of one day getting a R34 GTT or GTR. We all know what happened next lol $$$$$$.

I was never really into the Zā€™s, but this car coming out as a manual, RWD, TT with some great classic lines really has me looking forward to it.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
This will be my first Nissan.
Loved the Z32. Couldn't afford one at that time.
Now Z35 looks even more stunning to me than Z32 did.

The styling, 400+hp, ~3500lb weight, stick shift....
Can't wait. :)

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Bobcat what other s car are you considering ?
I had considered the Camaro SS, another Mustang GT or more likely a Mach 1 and Toyota Supra. But really like the looks of the Challenger Scat Pack and have been thinking of getting one for a couple years. I was about to order one, but can't seem to decide on the trim I like best. I had it narrowed down to a nearly loaded widebody or 1320. I told the dealer I was going to go with to do the 1320 the other day and was supposed to call him to put the deposit down yesterday, but did not yet. Most people are telling me to go with the WB since it will be mainly a DD, but the 1320 is quicker and much rarer and about 4k less the way I have them optioned. True it doesn't have the bling or handling of the WB. The reason I'm reluctant is I'm kind of interested in the Z obviously, just not sure about the front end and the trunk space. I kind of want to see what the new STI has to offer too and I could always just try to pay off the balance on my Mustang by about this time next year and look again or wait for the 24 Challenger Muscle-E car. But then again the trade values are so good right now that its almost like getting several grand in free money to pay down the new car. Who knows how long it will last?

Last edited:

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
This will be my first Z, and really looking forward to it. I cross-shopped a 370Z against a Mazda RX8 R3 back in 2012. The Mazda won out, and I loved every second of owning that car. Nothing against the Z series; I know they are fantastic cars (which is why I'm getting the new one!) In an ideal world, I would have kept R3 and have both the new Z and rex in my garage.

HLS30-49788

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 GT-R, 1997 Nissan pickup
Occupation
Looooong retired
I lost my z-virginity on 26 January 1972 when I got one of the first 50 thousand Datsun 240Z's ever made; #49788. Bought a used 83 Nissan pickup in 1988. Bought a new 4wd Nissan King Cab SE pickup in 1997, and sold the 83 pickup soon after. Got the first GT-R from my local dealer on 29 August 2008, and sold the 72 Z soon after.

Now that I'm 80, I'm beginning to slow down a bit, so if I can get a good deal from that same local dealer, I'll trade the GT-R in for a 400Z, with both S and T packages, of course. If not, I'll keep driving my GT-R. I need it to be orange, just like my 72 240Z. My avatar is me with the GT-R in September 2008.

Would I suggest buying a 400Z? You have to ask?! Then find a local Z Club and join, like my local Z Club of Texas in Dallas.

Scrap204

First Name
Nicky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Ironworker
I'm just curious to see who is in the same boat as me? I never owned a Z car before. I actually never even owned a Nissan product in general. I came close a few times with a G35 coupe and QX56 but never pulled the trigger because if Nissan's reputation of questionable quality. I'm hoping since the Z35 in largely based on the Z34 that a lot of the known issues would have been worked out by now.
This will be my first Z. I always had Hondas and fell in love with the VR30 in the q50. So I got a Q50 and that's my daily. Now I want a Z because now I'm in love

Bunnzilla

First Name
Bunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stanza Wagon
Z virgin checking in. My grandmother had a 280ZX that I fell in love with when I was a teenager. Have wanted one ever since.

Have had two Nissans--'91 Maxima and mid-80s Stanza Wagon. Loved both. Never could get down with the bubblicious backend of the Z33/34. Hoping I feel all the warm and fuzzies when I finally get to test drive the Z35. Definitely in the market for a new daily driver, but I need to drive it before I can commit (and see it in another color that doesn't remind me of a metal banana).

Bunnzilla

First Name
Bunny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stanza Wagon
I lost my z-virginity on 26 January 1972 when I got one of the first 50 thousand Datsun 240Z's ever made; #49788. Bought a used 83 Nissan pickup in 1988. Bought a new 4wd Nissan King Cab SE pickup in 1997, and sold the 83 pickup soon after. Got the first GT-R from my local dealer on 29 August 2008, and sold the 72 Z soon after.

Now that I'm 80, I'm beginning to slow down a bit, so if I can get a good deal from that same local dealer, I'll trade the GT-R in for a 400Z, with both S and T packages, of course. If not, I'll keep driving my GT-R. I need it to be orange, just like my 72 240Z. My avatar is me with the GT-R in September 2008.

Would I suggest buying a 400Z? You have to ask?! Then find a local Z Club and join, like my local Z Club of Texas in Dallas.
Sir, you are my new hero. What is your mileage on the GT-R, if you don't mind me asking?

HLS30-49788

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 GT-R, 1997 Nissan pickup
Occupation
Looooong retired
Sir, you are my new hero. What is your mileage on the GT-R, if you don't mind me asking?
49219 miles. Two trips to the east coast in 2008 and 2012 for HS and college 50th reunions; a few to the Texas coast to visit snowbird cousins; and several trips to Austin to COTA for the first three USGP's there; otherwise mostly local trips.

Want to ride along from the windshield GoPro in June 2013 on three laps of COTA with NISMO Performance Academy? In YouTube, search for RevZafod and find the video "Third set of 3 laps...". Pro driver in a NISMO 370Z leading the pack of five GT-Rs, fallbacks every half-lap. Best full-screen with headphones.

BlkAsn

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Sport Tech
Occupation
Sr. Programmer Analyst
I'm just curious to see who is in the same boat as me? I never owned a Z car before. I actually never even owned a Nissan product in general. I came close a few times with a G35 coupe and QX56 but never pulled the trigger because if Nissan's reputation of questionable quality. I'm hoping since the Z35 in largely based on the Z34 that a lot of the known issues would have been worked out by now.
Iā€™ve owned a few. ā€˜85 Maxima, ā€˜85 Pickup, ā€˜87 Hardbody Truck, 89 240SX, ā€˜09 Altima, ā€˜13 370Z and now ā€˜15 370Z. None ever left me stranded or been towed and the only one that needed an engine was the 87 Hardbody after 245k mi.. No transmission issues or major repairs on any of these so Iā€™m loyal to the brand. Note: Iā€™m an older man in my early 60ā€™s so I did not run any of these hard and all were purchased brand newā€¦Keep in mind, you get what you pay for and since this new Z is based on the 370 chassis and interior is almost identical, itā€™s reliability over the past 12 years is without question. Yes, the interior is a little dated according to many but I like it is why I got the Navigation package. Iā€™m considering buying the new 400 Nismo Maual. Wise man says: Get the best once or you will settle for cheap ten timesā€¦.

Last edited:
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Mazda Rx8
Occupation
Service Advisor Nissan
This'll be my first Nissan, I'm coming over from Mazda's Rx line. The only hesitation is if the Nismo variant comes out the next year.