Which Z trim model are you getting? 2.0 ver (after reveal)

which z trim will you be purchasing?

• Total voters

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
With that starting price I can just forget about the Nismo lol. I was going to do the base spec but damn there's too many sacrifices on that trim. So Performance it is. Now I have to fork over $43k-45k and oh those dealer markups....lovely.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
The spec sheet doesn't say that the bronze wheels are exclusive to the proto spec, so I'm pretty sure you can get them as an option on the performance trim. I hate black wheels with an undying passion too.
i love black wheels but the bronze option opens up some pretty awesome combo options with the possible paint colors.

however, i feel the lack of caliper options kinda sucks. i would prefer the current 370 black/grey color over only red.

the red calipers makes me wanna go white paint and black wheels. black paint and the bronze wheels would be sexy without the red calipers.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The spec sheet doesn't say that the bronze wheels are exclusive to the proto spec, so I'm pretty sure you can get them as an option on the performance trim. I hate black wheels with an undying passion too.
I'm strongly considering having the Rays sent out to be refinished. Just an added cost that I feel could've been avoided,fortunately I have spare wheels for this car.

Aside from my social bias against black wheels, I honestly don't understand why people buy nicely designed wheels, that are $$$$, then get them in black? It just blends into the tire and looks like one big black circle to me, the details of an interesting wheel design are lost. Lighter colors (bronze and up) pop against interesting designs. Huh...I feel like you could just go to Pep Boys and buy any Chinese black wheel for cheap and it's all the same?!

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher
I'm strongly considering having the Rays sent out to be refinished. Just an added cost that I feel could've been avoided,fortunately I have spare wheels for this car.

Aside from my social bias against black wheels, I honestly don't understand why people buy nicely designed wheels, that are $$$$, then get them in black? It just blends into the tire and looks like one big black circle to me, the details of an interesting wheel design are lost. Lighter colors (bronze and up) pop against interesting designs. Huh...I feel like you could just go to Pep Boys and buy any Chinese black wheel for cheap and it's all the same?!
I couldn't agree with you more.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
How about this? It’s mostly marketing for Nissan at this point, to push as much ‘loaded’ Zs as possible initially, which will get most profit. Almost all of us, 10:1 will fork out almost or over $50K for that Performance trim. Sad but fact. Could be supply chain to keep options minimal but the bottom line is more profitability for Nissan.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

There's a LOT of us out there that like black wheels, me included. 99.9% of cars on the road have silver wheels. Blend in if you want.

I actually like the way the bronze wheels look, but let's be honest - a lot of people will be throwing aftermarket wheels on.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
There's a LOT of us out there that like black wheels, me included. 99.9% of cars on the road have silver wheels. Blend in if you want.

I actually like the way the bronze wheels look, but let's be honest - a lot of people will be throwing aftermarket wheels on.
Yeah, I understand that. I feel so strongly about it, but the other side of me says "keep it to myself". So I never say that to people who chose black wheels. However, now that it's forced on me, I'm venting, but I should realize I may offend someone.

It's like tattoos, so many people have gotten tattoos to be unique, I think it's no longer unique. I kind of grew up in a world of grey/silver wheels, and only people who had tats were ex-cons and ex-military. Maybe I'm just becoming an old coodger? But, speaking of "blending in" minivans and cheap CUVs now offer murder wheels. Not so "unique" anymore!

Datsun280Z

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS, 1962 Triumph TR3A
Occupation
High School Teacher

I've got chrome wire wheels on my Triumph and no silver colored wheel on the road looks anything like them.

Ironically, black wheels blend in with tires and hardly stand out at all by chronically looking dirty from road grime and brake dust.

Also, chrome wheels are nowhere near as ubiquitous as they used to be on sports and GT cars over the past 10 years or so. Many of us black wheel haters aren't so much miffed by black wheels. We're annoyed that they've usurped chrome instead of being offered side by side.

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
I've got chrome wire wheels on my Triumph and no silver colored wheel on the road looks anything like them.

Ironically, black wheels blend in with tires and hardly stand out at all by chronically looking dirty from road grime and brake dust.

Also, chrome wheels are nowhere near as ubiquitous as they used to be on sports and GT cars over the past 10 years or so. Many of us black wheel haters aren't so much miffed by black wheels. We're annoyed that they've usurped chrome instead of being offered side by side.
That's interesting because I hate both black and chrome wheels...lol!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Never been a fan of chrome wheels.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I used to work in dealership repair shops in the 90's, when chrome wheels were moderately popular.
Some models of cars would have a chrome and a grey paint version of the same cast wheel, and I remember the chrome version being noticeably heavier than the grey painted version.

I also noticed the new Civics have more black wheel options than ever!

There is one wheel trend, that is now waning, that I disliked more than black wheels, and that's those cheap-to-make "machined face" wheels.

At least the Z wheels are cast or forged, they're worth refinishing if you prefer a different color.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
There is one wheel trend, that is now waning, that I disliked more than black wheels, and that's those cheap-to-make "machined face" wheels.
May machined-face wheels die a slow and horrible death. Maybe not so slow, the sooner they are gone the better, 99.9% of them were hideous.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so it looks like literally nobody is gonna buy a base at this point...

also, i'm afraid the 40k starting price is gonna be like trying to find a c8 for the 59k lol

Z32ttpearl

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx
Occupation
Truck Driver
As of now, Performance package. If we find out that the Nismo version will have the following I will wait for the Nismo:
T-tops, Targa top or Carbon Fiber Roof.
More aggressive lines.
Better exhaust sound.
Tail pipes exiting the middle rear bumper.
Three power level outputs:
1-Normal (400hp)
2-Z+ (440hp)
3-Nismo+ (480hp)

All of this combined with a few more saleable points and Nissan will have the BEST last combustion car before completely switching over Electric Car.

Last edited: