First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
So it appears those complaining anbout price are very loudā€¦.but in the minority
I don't think we know if that means anything, yet, the sample group is too focused. The general population of potential sports-car purchasers will determine that.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I mean only 240 will be made for each market, so good luck on trying to get one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Not an issue for usā€¦.they are the same price apart from state taxes no matter where we buy

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
i ordered performance and actually regret it based on price diff. it would be more optimal to get sport and spend these 12k diff on relevant tuning, not on leather seats and sound system. too bad its too late

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don't think we know if that means anything, yet, the sample group is too focused. The general population of potential sports-car purchasers will determine that.
I said those In the forum complaining are in the minority..and with over 85% of respondents still saying they will get one, Iā€™d be right.
There weā€™re always going to be around 10% of tire kickers who never intended to buyā€¦.this is not imtended as an insultā€¦it just is.
So I don't think Nissans gonna be too worried about these numbers.

Last edited:

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
Performance.
However, I may be 1 or 2 on my dealer's list. If so, Proto.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I said those In hHe forum complaining are in the minority..and with over 85% of respondents still saying they will get one, Iā€™d be right.
There weā€™re always going to be around 10% of tire kickers who never intended to buyā€¦.this is not imtended as an insultā€¦it just is.
So I don't think Nissans gonna be too worried about these numbers.
Perhaps not. I didn't infer your "hHe forum" bit from the comment, there.

But my thoughts on what *Nissan* makes of it would be different. Isn't it kind of like saying that, if 85% of the people already standing in a particular clothing store intend to purchase something due to brand loyalty, it somehow has some bearing on everyone who went to a different shop because they didn't like the pricing of the one in question? What if that latter group ends up being most people?

I'm saying that it's encouraging for specifically the Z crowd, in this exact environment, but it may mean very little overall since the pool from which we're picking is overstaturated with likely early adopters.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
i ordered performance and actually regret it based on price diff. it would be more optimal to get sport and spend these 12k diff on relevant tuning, not on leather seats and sound system. too bad its too late
It is more than leather seats and sound system. The performance trim offers bigger brakes/calipers, bigger tires, LSD, bigger touchscreen, Alcantara, etc. This is the reason why I'm going after the performance package.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
For people who say sport:

can you get a good after market LSD, Bigger breaks and any other option that canā€™t be had on the performance model under 10k?

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Performance for meā€¦ maybe next year. Really want to make my dream of owning both a Supra and Z come true.

Why next year? Gonna need a year to convince my wife to let me get the Z without giving up the Supraā€¦šŸ˜­

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
This poll is very US market specific. Can we add the international trims?
Are there any?? As far as I've seen, everywhere is getting the same ones: "Sport", "Performance", or "Proto". Some places are not getting the "Sport", some are getting the smaller infotainment screen, some aren't getting any at all, etc., but it's still really just those three basic models listed in the poll options (at the moment anyway. It's mostly guesswork at the moment as to whether they will be others at some future stage - Nismo, convertible, Targa, etc.).

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
For people who say sport:

can you get a good after market LSD, Bigger breaks and any other option that canā€™t be had on the performance model under 10k?
Parts you'd probably swap: LSD, all 4 tires, at least a front brake kit, coilovers, wheels(?) -- if you insist on forged wheels, especially JDM brands, that's at least $3.5k alone.

WIthout wheels, maybe, but it seems like a stretch.

This is assuming you're buying new parts, not used.