• Something else

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Parts you'd probably swap: LSD, all 4 tires, at least a front brake kit, coilovers, wheels(?) -- if you insist on forged wheels, especially JDM brands, that's at least $3.5k alone.

WIthout wheels, maybe, but it seems like a stretch.

This is assuming you're buying new parts, not used.
The LSD alone is around $3k lol. Installing an LSD is an intense job. Bembro/wilwood (front) caliper kits are around +2k alone not including front rotors. You already +5k. The Sport trim doesn't have SynchroRev Match. You will also need to tune if you want to have launch control. Hopefully the it doesnt take too long for someone to unlock the ECU.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
It is more than leather seats and sound system. The performance trim offers bigger brakes/calipers, bigger tires, LSD, bigger touchscreen, Alcantara, etc. This is the reason why I'm going after the performance package.
Mostly I'd only care about the rear spoiler and LSD. The spoiler I could install myself. The LSD maybe down the road, in the mean time enjoying the vehicle, with extra 10k on hand.

How many people are even driving hard enough they legit need larger brakes? I'd be fine with no touch screen at all. And I nearly always end up installing my own sound system in vehicles. In a Z, I'd be removing that spare tire located sub and all that foam blocking anyway, for the rear cargo space mod.

In my view, 41k buys the main thing - a manual trans Z at 400hp to drive around and have fun. (Well, assuming any dealer will legit sell a Z for 41k msrp in a reasonable timeframe.)

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Um isn't none and something else kind of one and the same?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'm in the minority but here's my take, base Sport has the main stuff, engine, chassis, not loaded with extra electronics, pricing at $40K is still a great deal. Even if I end up going over $10k on BETTER upgrades than what Nissan offers on the Performance, I'm way ahead of the game. Stock Performance has: 6/2 Akebonos, exact same as on the Nismo 370Z, good but not best, still don't completely trust them, Bridgestones are meh, synchro rev-match I can do without, can heel-toe myself, bigger screen so what, spoiler too tiny, Rays are nice but almost everyone will roll on them.

I want vendors to step up for: coilovers/shocks, BBS, Recaros, Quaife/OS Giken, wheels, tires (GY F1 3R, Sport Cup 2s, etc), suspension bits like sways, links, better aero stuff, etc etc.

Sorry I'm not preaching to the choir of most buyers here, but that Sport is looking better each day, esp with the $10K upcharge for Performance. It will be an awesome build, possibly lighter too! Believe me I'm looking into all this, it's more exciting to customize than Nissan's Performance pkg, for my use šŸ‘ .

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Iā€™m at the point where I believe I wonā€™t be getting one for a while cause no one down here knows anything or even taking deposit Iā€™ve talked to a few guys in south Florida and they all said the same

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Iā€™m at the point where I believe I wonā€™t be getting one for a while cause no one down here knows anything or even taking deposit Iā€™ve talked to a few guys in south Florida and they all said the same
I know damn well I have no shot at getting one this year. Dealer markups and availability is going to be insane around here. My local dealership emails me all the time about other crap...but when it comes to the Z.....crickets lmao. I'm going to try but I know how this is going to end. Plan b and revisit this depending on how this pans out.

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
Not quite the same number of votes (yet), but getting close - 9 months and pricing info makes a significant difference:

Screenshot 2022-05-18 102853.jpg

------------------------
Screenshot 2022-05-18 102938.jpg

I'm still on my same opinion (I could end up waiting to see if they bring a package with just the go-fast stuff, at which point there shouldn't be supply issues either) as my ND2 is fine for now, even if the waiting is another year or two (or three).

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Are you the same guy that posted in the Facebook group? Iā€™m in St Pete and Crown Nissan here has been fairly communicative and knowledgeable. They basically said theyā€™ll reach out to everyone on the list once they get official allocations. Itā€™s worth reaching out... But I was 3rd on the list and I called them February of 2021.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
I'm in the minority but here's my take, base Sport has the main stuff, engine, chassis, not loaded with extra electronics, pricing at $40K is still a great deal. Even if I end up going over $10k on BETTER upgrades than what Nissan offers on the Performance, I'm way ahead of the game. Stock Performance has: 6/2 Akebonos, exact same as on the Nismo 370Z, good but not best, still don't completely trust them, Bridgestones are meh, synchro rev-match I can do without, can heel-toe myself, bigger screen so what, spoiler too tiny, Rays are nice but almost everyone will roll on them.

I want vendors to step up for: coilovers/shocks, BBS, Recaros, Quaife/OS Giken, wheels, tires (GY F1 3R, Sport Cup 2s, etc), suspension bits like sways, links, better aero stuff, etc etc.

Sorry I'm not preaching to the choir of most buyers here, but that Sport is looking better each day, esp with the $10K upcharge for Performance. It will be an awesome build, possibly lighter too! Believe me I'm looking into all this, it's more exciting to customize than Nissan's Performance pkg, for my use šŸ‘ .
That's what I did when I purchased my '17 Base 370. People thought it was a Nismo. But now I really don't have the time to be swaping all that. I would only swap the tires with the ones on the picture, and lower it on BC coilovers, test pipes and exhaust.

20210501_104359-01.jpeg

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
The LSD alone is around $3k lol. Installing an LSD is an intense job. Bembro/wilwood (front) caliper kits are around +2k alone not including front rotors. You already +5k. The Sport trim doesn't have SynchroRev Match. You will also need to tune if you want to have launch control. Hopefully the it doesnt take too long for someone to unlock the ECU.
I figured as much, and most people here wouldn't be doing all that themselves, so labor will easily drive that to 5 figures; I hadn't factored that in at all.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Are you the same guy that posted in the Facebook group? Iā€™m in St Pete and Crown Nissan here has been fairly communicative and knowledgeable. They basically said theyā€™ll reach out to everyone on the list once they get official allocations. Itā€™s worth reaching out... But I was 3rd on the list and I called them February of 2021.
Have they said anything about ADM?

king11brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan maxima 2010
Occupation
Mechanic at darcars
That would make a base C8 look like a bargain.
And thats a price im willing to spend my guy which leg you want left or right?.. nvm take a te bc i need to still shift