which z trim will you be purchasing?

• Total voters

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
How confident are people that we'll actually be getting these different trim levels? For me personally, it'd be a great option...Sport/Touring for sure!
Not overly confident….not in Australia anyway.
My guess is at least here it will be base and ST, nothing in between
But I could be presently surprised

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Not overly confident….not in Australia anyway.
My guess is at least here it will be base and ST, nothing in between
But I could be presently surprised

You are probably right, thats what we will get in Aus. And probably will be $75k-$80k

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I'm hoping for the 400hp red sport engine. It would be disappointing if the base model has 300hp which is less than the 370Z. Can't imagine it. I also hope the base model is less than 3500 pounds.

Scrap204

First Name
Nicky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Ironworker
I hope you're right about the VR30, but it's open-deck vs. closed deck on the B58.

I would go Base, since I'm confident the aftermarket can do everything the extra $5k can get you, and more for less.
Wow great point. I would love to build the motor. Im really hoping the Nismo comes out right away and I really want AWD. If it's not AWD, I'll probably get a lesser trim. I've witnessed the slow progression of this platform and the Z is exactly what the VR30 needed. I CANT WAITTT!!!

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
89 240sx,07 Versa,12 F150 ecoboost,18 Civic Si
Occupation
Retired Army
I am a bit older so the sport and touring fits me well, As I would likely be traveling in this car, not so much tracking the car. But all this depends on what options come in the packages. I mean if leather seats are not available on the nismo, then I will probably not get that package. Honda did it with the Civic Si, and Type R. No leather, least for 2018. Leather was only on the EX, LX models.

This actually not a good question unless the options are published. But keep stoking this fire please.

HLS30-49788

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 GT-R, 1997 Nissan pickup
Occupation
Looooong retired
here's what the poll was gonna originally read:

base (what i picked) - y0 all us broke folk can afford a z yay! now only if the dealer will take my la sabre in for trade...
sport - (guys under 35) i care nothing about comfort...in fact im gonna drop it low and make the ride even harsher!
touring - (guys over 35) let those young punks have their unrefined rides, im in need of creature comforts.
sport/touring - (guys approaching 45) i wanna be young and sporty again...but dang this hernia is killing me!
baby gtr - (white haired folk) i worked hard all my life...i want the best and by golly im gonna blow it on myself this time!

please feel free to add to or modify the above statements

edit : please tell me how close i hit home for you :D
Not close at all to:
baby gtr - (white haired folk) i worked hard all my life...i want the best and by golly im gonna blow it on myself this time!

I have a 13 year old GT-R, so I already have the best. See more at my thread:
https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/should-i-trade-down-up.259/#post-6299

If I trade, definitely the ST packages.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I hope you're right about the VR30, but it's open-deck vs. closed deck on the B58.

I would go Base, since I'm confident the aftermarket can do everything the extra $5k can get you, and more for less.
Is open deck that big of a hinderance these days? I know guys do some crazy stuff with the K series Hondas and they're all open deck as far as I'm aware.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I've been trying to think.. what would even come with the touring package (if there is one)? On the current Z we got the navigation unit, power and heated leather seats, upgraded stereo system, voice command, satellite antenna, backup camera... am I missing anything else substantial?

With the new Z I'm more than sure that the digital infotainment/navigation system and digital dash will be standard across all models. It's 2021, nearly every new car has a digital infotainment/navigation system standard now. Satellite antenna is usually standard now. Voice command is usually standard now. Apple Carplay is usually standard now. Backup camera is standard and now mandated across every new car. Parking sensors I believe are also now standard and mandated for every new car.

So that leaves us with power/heated leather seats and an upgraded stereo system? Perhaps we'll see a heads-up display and maybe the addition of a wireless charging pad as options.

I'm thinking they will no longer call it the touring package, but rather the "technology package" seeing as most of the "touring" features now come standard across most new cars.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I've been trying to think.. what would even come with the touring package (if there is one)? On the current Z we got the navigation unit, power and heated leather seats, upgraded stereo system, voice command, satellite antenna, backup camera... am I missing anything else substantial?

With the new Z I'm more than sure that the digital infotainment/navigation system and digital dash will be standard across all models. It's 2021, nearly every new car has a digital infotainment/navigation system standard now. Satellite antenna is usually standard now. Voice command is usually standard now. Apple Carplay is usually standard now. Backup camera is standard and now mandated across every new car. Parking sensors I believe are also now standard and mandated for every new car.

So that leaves us with power/heated leather seats and an upgraded stereo system? Perhaps we'll see a heads-up display and maybe the addition of a wireless charging pad as options.

I'm thinking they will no longer call it the touring package, but rather the "technology package" seeing as most of the "touring" features now come standard across most new cars.
I think the touring will be leather seats, all the safety radar and lane keep assists. Upgraded audio.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
N54 is open deck. I'm not too worried about it :)
Love that motor, I have it in my E60 M-Sport DD, gobs of torque, so effortless. Might do the JB4 and see how it compares with the Z on straight pulls.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Love that motor, I have it in my E60 M-Sport DD, gobs of torque, so effortless. Might do the JB4 and see how it compares with the Z on straight pulls.
Nice, give MHD a try first if you haven't already. I skipped JB4 altogether and 90k miles later on Stg2+ havent looked back. The OTS maps on stock turbos are good enough, but it allows custom maps as well. If you still want to add JB4 later you can use it with MHD as a back end.