What will stop you from owning the new Z?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Interesting though, insurance on a Miata is a lot less than it will be on the Z. Partly due to lower power, but a big factor is the relative age of the owners.
Some important factors you can attribute to the collusion between manufacturers and insurance are design elements to facilitate cheaper collision repairs and the "bloated beltline" to better protect occupants.

Design has amalgamated into similar design elements amongst most nameplates.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
time to bump this thread now that we know prices...and it's more than im willing to pay.

im gonna get either an nsx or r32-33 gtr...

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Some important factors you can attribute to the collusion between manufacturers and insurance are design elements to facilitate cheaper collision repairs and the "bloated beltline" to better protect occupants.

Design has amalgamated into similar design elements amongst most nameplates.
The higher beltlines (and fatter pillars) added to improve crashworthiness are a bit of an ironic safety enhancement, as they also decrease outward visibility a lot, which detracts from safety. Get into a late 90s Acura Integra and it's amazing what you can see around you.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Well, at least not the Rivian R1T, canceled my order, company is too unstable these days, even though stock is inching up. Really hoping it will be a major future player though.

chexmix78

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MAZDA 3
Occupation
job
Hey I hope you are enjoying it! Best steering and road feel I’ve ever had. Beat my 370 hands down. Great analogue car. What did you pick it up for?
Sorry for late reply $24550 on BAT I went quite a bit higher than planned but no regrets. Amazing car

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Well, at least not the Rivian R1T, canceled my order, company is too unstable these days, even though stock is inching up. Really hoping it will be a major future player though.
wonder how many canceled their order when that price hike was announced?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Wow, great cars but they'll easily cost double the Z with low miles in good original condition.
+1

Not sure I understand the logic here. New car for less money, or old, used car for more money? Seems like an easy choice to me. With that said, I too have to get an R32, R33, and R34 before I'm too old.

In essence, the goal is to have as close to as many JDM icons as my brother in law's neighbor has 911s (might take a while). Dude doesn't have a single JDM icon. I made sure to tell him how disappointed I was.

Screenshot_20220520-142542_Gallery.jpg

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
wonder how many canceled their order when that price hike was announced?
Thousands did, huge misstep by Rivian, but they did retract that move. My pricing was restored, but still, with time and thinking, and my use, the Gladiator made tons more sense because of the accessibility to service and Jeep parts, not to mention refueling for my off-grid expeditions. Plus the R1T was still at $85K, too high for what it is, there is just not enough charging infrastructure to support its use for these types of travel for now, maybe in 5 yrs or so. Great truck though when I test drove it on a First Mile event locally, very capable off-road.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Price will deter me. I want the Performance MT6 but not at Supra 3.0 prices. At $55K before dealership add-ons the Manual Supra is looking like a better value.

This is the Z spec’d to my liking.
  • Performance 6MT MSRP, $49,990
  • Destination Charge, $1025
  • Passion Red Paint, $1695
  • Splash Guards, $335
  • Exterior Welcome Lighting, $395
  • Floor Mat Package, $380
  • Illuminated Kick Plate Black, $500
  • Interior Door Scuff Protection, $210
  • Interior Accent Lighting, $445
Total Price = $54,975

-RJM