What will stop you from owning the new Z?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Perhaps my disposable income is less than others here but personally paying a dealer above MSRP wouldn't even be a consideration.
Well you don’t need to worry about that anyway….what ever Nissan sets…that’s it for us, one of the very small positives of buying a car in Aus

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I'm 90% on board. I still would like to see some hands on reviews, a complete spec sheet and take one for a test drive. There are still plenty of unknowns that could change things.

As others have said, dealers. SRP seems like it should be reasonable, but if ADM is rampant, or I can't find an at least partially standup dealer, that will definitely keep me away. Buying the R was eventually painless, but I had to wade through a lot of ADM, forced accessory adds, and "These cars are HOT, no set price we're taking best offer." before I found a dealership that wasn't interested in scumbagging me.

First Name
Steel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 WRX, 2017 Forester 2.0XT, 2021 Toyota Supra
For me personally it's going to come down to the drive and reviews.

Depending on how the engine feels is how I'm going to decide on to buy or not. I'm really looking for nice low down torque that can pull all the way up to redline. I haven't driven a Q50/60 Red Sport yet but I'm hoping that we can get low down torque with the twin turbo setup from ~1.6k RPM+. I'm realistically never gonna track the car or anything but I'd really prefer usable torque for daily driving. I'm already sold on the looks and chassis. It's all about drivability from here on.... And price.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Wife.

I know...I know...
that is actually legit...good for you to include her...she is half of the marriage.

on the other hand i'll get guys come into the shop and ask, "how much?"
me: "$10 bucks..." then the dude goes..."let me ask my girlfriend"

?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Valid option if the Z is a disappointment, since I wheel also. Went through the Transatlantic Trail in great shape! Impressive. Tank turn under development.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-truck-first-drive-review/

https://www.motortrend.com/features...ve-drive-review-trans-america-trail-off-road/
Have you read about the technical difficulties in getting "tank turn" to be safe enough to use in the hands of the average owner?

Also, I read the MT stories about their tour with the R1T. Really seems like they were paid, they barely touched on charging issues, like how far off the trail they needed to go for each charge up (PITA to me), or even, if they didn't need to go far. Just not much coverage of the charging challenges, realities or...hey...how smooth it all really went. They just focused primarily on the R1T off-road performance.

I was actually really intrigued by the R1T....I can almost make an EV truck work for 95% of stuff we do....but then I realized it's a 'tweener truck with a 4.5' bed.