What the NISMO Should Be

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Has that company made any actual products? I will say I like the idea of the red katana though! Looked sick

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I read somewhere (prob bs) but 475 HP AWD Z

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
AWD.. highly unlikely, I don't see any room for an AWD drivetrain.
Maybe in the the next, all-electric Z. I wonder if that will be called the "Nissan Ze" (as in American pronunciation "zee") ;) which should be due around 2035 going by how long the 370z was kept ... which would also seem about right for many countries carbon-reduction targets.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Maybe in the the next, all-electric Z. I wonder if that will be called the "Nissan Ze" (as in American pronunciation "zee") ;) which should be due around 2035 going by how long the 370z was kept ... which would also seem about right for many countries carbon-reduction targets.
I don't know how i feel about an all electric Z.. I need sound. Maybe a hybrid Z before Nissan decides to plunge into full boring EV.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
The "sound" in many sports cars these days is faked through speakers anyway, including the new Z, so it could be easily applied to an electric Z. Some countries are trying to enforce sound on electric cars ... although mostly only at low speeds so they can be heard moving in parking lots, etc.

The other problem with an electric car is that you won't get a manual. They could try to fake that too (and at least one maker is working on it), but it certainly wouldn't be the same.

Unfortunately, no matter how awful an electric sports car is definitely going to be (other than near-instant speed), that's what we're likely to get stuck with in the near future. :(

It'll make motorsport things like Le Mans 24 hour race rather pitiful ... they might get about 10 laps in before the rest of the 24 hours is used up recharging in the pits. ;)

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I Just Need It . . . To Be !!

OP
OP
NJZGuy

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
🤣🤣🤣🤣 you guys crack me up. We can’t even get a normal Z yet, and most probably won’t be able to for another year, but we are talking about a Nismo.
Hope your willing to wait

Excuse my pessimism 😔
We've waited this long. What's another year or so? 😉

OP
OP
NJZGuy

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
Has that company made any actual products? I will say I like the idea of the red katana though! Looked sick
Hycade is a designer. If they ever decided to make kits, they would give Liberty Walk a good run for the money.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'd be willing to wait for a Hybrid Nismo Z RWD, maybe a full EV but doubt Nissan will invest in this platform. And please don't call it eZ (hasn't been ez even for this initial launch 🤔 )

No wild body kits either!

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
I read somewhere (prob bs) but 475 HP AWD Z
I have heard this as well. Considering that it shares the same chassis as the Q60, which offers AWD, I could see this happening. It would help getting the power to the ground and performance.