..........and maybe better braking and cooling

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
the new Z is based on the 370Z chassis not the Infinity Q50/60
It's Infiniti, not Infinity.

You don't know they are based on the same chassis? I guess if you can't spell Infiniti....

Nonetheless, all that space behind the transmission is the same as the Infiniti, where Nissan installs the transfer case.

Other more experienced people have found the only difference between the AWD and RWD versions of the FM platform are some of the external layers of sheet metal have different mounting hole locations between the variations.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
It's Infiniti, not Infinity.

You don't know they are based on the same chassis? I guess if you can't spell Infiniti....

Nonetheless, all that space behind the transmission is the same as the Infiniti, where Nissan installs the transfer case.

Other more experienced people have found the only difference between the AWD and RWD versions of the FM platform are some of the external layers of sheet metal have different mounting hole locations between the variations.

Sorry I spelled it wrong (auto correct) no need to get your panties in a knot.

I guess I should have been more specific. I meant not the same chassis.. as in the "Infiniti" has a longer wheelbase(12 inches) and looks to have a larger opening for the transfer case compared to the 370Z? There's a thread I saw on another forum of a guy that actually converted his 370Z to an AWD drivetrain and mentions besides all the miss matched and custom fabricated parts, how he had to widen the trans tunnel in order to fit the G37 Transfer case.

I'm no expert just me going of from this video.. I don't see much room for a transfer case. With anything I'm sure Nissan could add an AWD in the Z but is Nissan willing to spend money to test and develop it.. probably not. Again.. I'm no expert.. I have no exact measurements to back my claims.. I haven't attempted doing this myself.. just my opinion.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Completely unlikely.

What will the Nismo actually get?

Probably 10 - 15 more horsepower

A little better / louder sounding exhaust

A better spoiler

Nismo wheels

Some aero pieces

Some trim pieces

Nismo badges

And an increase price of $6k to $10k

..........and maybe better braking and cooling
Tru that, hopefully they'll throw in Nismo Intake, Nismo Sway Bars and Nismo UCAs and Nismo Adjustable Rear Spring Buckets and Nismo Clutch /Flywheel combo for the MT models. For the Nismo buyers this would be a dream !!

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
I'm sure Nissan could add an AWD in the Z but is Nissan willing to spend money to test and develop it.. probably not
Any aficionado will tell you, a proper sports car should be front engine, rear wheel drive, and manual gearbox ... Nissan Z, Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Mazda MX5/Miata, Toyota Supra, Nissan 200sx/240sx/180sx/Silvia, Toyota Celica, ... :)

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Any aficionado will tell you, a proper sports car should be front engine, rear wheel drive, and manual gearbox ... Nissan Z, Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Mazda MX5/Miata, Toyota Supra, Nissan 200sx/240sx/180sx/Silvia, Toyota Celica, ... :)
Yes definitely.. the Z in my opinion should always be RWD. You want AWD.. get a GTR.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
475 hp.. doable

AWD.. highly unlikely, I don't see any room for an AWD drivetrain.
Not to mention the Z is already getting criticism over its weight.

Weight is probably the number one thing the Nismo should address, but I have a feeling they'll go the easier route with a mild upgrade to suspension/brakes/power and a bit of bodykit.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
If it's anything like prior Nismo variants it's actually gonna GAIN weight.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Not to mention the Z is already getting criticism over its weight.

Weight is probably the number one thing the Nismo should address, but I have a feeling they'll go the easier route with a mild upgrade to suspension/brakes/power and a bit of bodykit.
A lot of people complain about the price of the current Z.. imagine the price of an AWD Z.. my guess is north of 70K But yah, I don't expect too much.. your usual suspension, brake pads, more aggressive aero, HP increase, chassis bracing, Recaro seats, suede steering wheel, rim/tire package and of course NISMO badges. But maybe Nissan will wow us this time and add adaptive suspension, +480HP, GTR brakes, R compound tires, data logging, actual weight savings and wont cost an extra +10K.