What other cars are you considering?

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I'm always curious what cars people are looking at when in the same price range/class.

I've been eyeing a used C6 vette to be honest. Even thought about the new Mustang after hearing it has IRS.

chromeX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
A 370Z .... before i heard rumors about the possible Z35 coming. I think it's wise to hold off now or I would regret it majorly.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
Lexus RC F is one on my list. It'll be tough seeing and maybe test driving all these real cars before we even get a whiff of what the Z35 could be/look like.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
I would be realy interested in a Nismo IDX if they ever approve it for the go ahead. That would make a really fun daily driver i think.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
The new Miata reviews are out and it's got rave reviews. The new look is less soft than before and aggressive enough for my taste so it's definitely on my list for a couple years from now. But with rumors that the next Z will be smaller and lighter sports car I'm hoping Nissan impresses me and keeps me in a Z.

ToTheMax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Thinking about the Subaru BRZ and then going bonkers on the mods once warranty is up... a supercharger is definitely needed on that car but I figure it should be fun enough as a slower pace driver's kind of car for a few years.

OP
OP

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Thinking about the Subaru BRZ and then going bonkers on the mods once warranty is up... a supercharger is definitely needed on that car but I figure it should be fun enough as a slower pace driver's kind of car for a few years.
Good idea. That way you get to learn the car's handling and tendencies too. I always laugh when someone slaps a turbo or SC on the car right after buying it. You don't even get to enjoy and experience the car as the engineers intended it to be.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I know this is an older thread, but thought I'd chime in. Cars I have been considering are the Camaro SS, Mustang GT, Mach 1, Challenger Scat Pack, Toyota Supra 3.0, Golf R, RS3 and possibly the new STI. I want to keep the price below 50k at least with rebates and such. Out of these I had been really leaning towards the SP with most likely the 1320 or WB trims, but lately have been seriously thinking about the Supra or Z.

jdm0926

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang S550
Considering an M4, but as a former Z32 owner, I miss the Z. Have a Mustang GT and WRX already.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Yeah, I know the Mustang has the most potential, but I've already had 3 Mustangs and one of the reasons I really want to try something different this time. The Supra does sound like a great platform for adding power easily as I have heard that just a tune can add 100hp and a tune and meth, upwards of 160hp. I just wish it the styling wasn't quite as flashy and they offered more color choices and options. The Challenger is pretty much the opposite as it is already nearly maxed out from the factory and very hard to do any mods that won't interfere with your warranty, but I love the body style and colors and it has tons of options. But it is an very old platform and is heavy with rumors of a new gen coming in a year or two.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The new Golf R8 would be a great all-arounder but may not have the fun factor of a RWD sports car - the Mk 7 version didn't but then it didn't have the true rear wheel torque vectoring the 8R does.

I'm also looking at the upcoming 86. The lousy engine in the current version kept me from buying one, but that may be resolved with the new 2.4 litre.

If the new Z addresses the 10/10ths handling issues Chris Harris identified in his review of the 370Z, it is my likely choice.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Anyone going to cross shop with the Supra?
I might. Like I said, it sounds like the Supra has an awesome motor that responds to mods well, sounds good for a six cylinder and looks good. But it really doesn't have many option packages, I don't really like the exterior color choices, only one interior color choice unless you get the A91 and the lack of cooling for the seats is a big minus for me. Even though I most likely will go auto, a car like this really should have a manual option as well. IDK, I think right now I've narrowed my choices to a Challenger Scat Pack in the 1320 trim or the Supra. I may end up waiting for more info on the Z as the blue interior is a nice plus, but the more I look at it, the exterior is a little plain. Plus I really don't want to wait a full year or more as it sounds like there will most likely be dealer markups at first and I refuse to pay more than MSRP. Heck, I've been waiting to get the biggest rebates and discounts on a Challenger for at least 2 years and may have thought about it for too long now as they are reducing incentives due to lower inventory and such d/t the chip shortage and it sounds like if I were to order one, it may take a few months instead of weeks at this point.