What did you pay for your Nissan z?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Lol might as well just direct message the one guy on this entire forum who has a car. Think he said he paid 8k over msrp for his proto.
I am the guy and yes I paid just under an 8k markup for my Proto. It ended up being like 7700 over invoice. And yes it till burns my Ass that I paid more than MSRP on a Car. I have owned at least 30 cars in my life and never paid over MSRP for any of them Including my 22 Corvette C8. I paid MSRP for it. I am just like the rest of you on here....frustrated that this is happening to my beloved Nissan Z cars. The thing is I can't complain about what I paid over given what is happening and am just satisfied that I own one of the Manual Proto's for now. And yes I am absolutely happy with it after 1k miles on it. So its inside for the Indiana Winter now and am planning a few reversible mods as soon as I get enough options to decide what exhaust to install other than the Nismo version. I am leaning towards the Nismo Track Version just to keep it Nissan DNA. Hopefully Nissan gets their issue resolved and more folks can enjoy this eyecandy of a Car. And yes I can recommend my dealership ED Martin Nissan for anyone out there. Its the Shadeland Indianapolis location. Just ask for my Guy Ron Hammer he will be fair with you. I expect they will sell others they might get after my neighbor gets his as he was second on this list I believe. But am not sure he is willing to pay over MSRP so go at it guys. Ron's your guy. FYI Ed Martin has 3 dealerships use Shadeland. Maybe he will give me enough referral fees to make up some of my ADM HAHAH right:)

Last edited:

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Would be better to start with "Who was successfully able to get a car" rather than "How much did it cost".

This situation has just been a mess. Now that winter is coming I no longer hunt for the car and will perhaps try again in the spring.

Worm1478

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 nissan proto spec z
Occupation
It manager
I guess that makes me the other guy on this forum that actually has one of these. I also am appalled at the fact that the new normal is over MSRP. I would have to say just as @71zman i too paid over MSRP. Mine was in about the same range. Only 5500 over MSRP for my auto Z. Also to my knowledge they have just finally rolled out the recall repair for the autos as well as the manuals. Mine as well being in the St Louis area is now sitting in the garage for the winter. Starting to do some tasteful upgrades and factory options I have found. As for finding them they are becoming more prevalent there are 2 that I know of in the St Louis area at dealerships with about a 6-7k markup if people are looking.

Future6spZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I guess that makes me the other guy on this forum that actually has one of these. I also am appalled at the fact that the new normal is over MSRP. I would have to say just as @71zman i too paid over MSRP. Mine was in about the same range. Only 5500 over MSRP for my auto Z. Also to my knowledge they have just finally rolled out the recall repair for the autos as well as the manuals. Mine as well being in the St Louis area is now sitting in the garage for the winter. Starting to do some tasteful upgrades and factory options I have found. As for finding them they are becoming more prevalent there are 2 that I know of in the St Louis area at dealerships with about a 6-7k markup if people are looking.
Which dealership did you get yours from?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That's a lot less than the new CTR markups.

Congratulations on getting a Z! I'm both happy for you and hopeful that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us.....

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film

I hate that I am saying this, but that's not too bad. When I originally spoke to the dealers they wanted 85k for the proto. A month later they called me again and wanted to sell it at 75k. I never got the third call because that's when the automatic roll thing happened. I would have probably bought it if they only added $5,500. At least that is something you can call an add on vs something large enough to be another car.

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 M6 HellCat - 2023 Z on Order M6 Blue/Blue Gut
After 2 yrs of waiting ordered Blue M6 Performance with Blue Gut payin $53k and change. Put deposit down hoping for late spring early summer delivery in NJ. No ADM agreed with dealer when I held my spot 2yrs ago and they honored. Same thing when I ordered my 2015 M6 HellCat