Where did everyone go to school? What was your major?

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus CT200h Lexus GX 570
I grew up with very little but was fortunate enough to have ambition and a thirst for knowledge. I’m the first and only person in my family to get a bachelor’s degree (UT - Finance) and then a law degree from SMU.

I’m super thankful that my hard work has allowed me to break the cycle and create multigenerational wealth for my family. I think it’s great that there are many paths to success!

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
My wife (Medical) and I (IT) are both High School dropouts that make more money than either of us ever imagined.

We both grew up dirt poor...I'm from the hood, she was a refugee - The hustle never stops in this house.

The only folks that bring in more than we do are also dropouts.
Can I haz some :p

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They say there are three generations of wealth.
The first is a poor family, that fights for everything they own
Thier children consolidate the wealth and build on it, they are still conscious of not wasting money as they rember their parents fight
The grand children of the fighters spend without a care in the world, as they never had to earn their own money…returning their children to poverty and having to work hard to get ahead just as their grandparents started.

Last edited:

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
My wife (Medical) and I (IT) are both High School dropouts that make more money than either of us ever imagined.

We both grew up dirt poor...I'm from the hood, she was a refugee - The hustle never stops in this house.

The only folks that bring in more than we do are also dropouts.
Nothing about this screams arrogance. Thanks for making me lol on that last sentence! The wealthiest people I know don’t speak like you…and they own islands (they also have a degree, or many in some cases).

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Nothing about this screams arrogance. Thanks for making me lol on that last sentence! The wealthiest people I know don’t speak like you…and they own islands (they also have a degree, or many in some cases).
You gotta be arrogant and cocky to build something from nothing.

I could use my "business" persona here but why bother? - I'm not presenting in front anyone nor am I trying to impress anyone.....I'm just being a car guy with fellow car people. I choose to be myself.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Graduated from 'Heartbreak Ridge' and the instructor I hated the loved/most is Thomas Highway . . .

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Finished high school then went to BHP/Bluescope Steel and became a Metallurgist.
Worked there for 38 years in all areas if steelmaking.
Retired in 2018 and now look after the maintenance of 2 primary schools

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
High school dropout here. I'm wondering if formal education is less relevant down under, it rarely comes up in conversation.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Graduated from 'Heartbreak Ridge' and the instructor I hated the loved/most is Thomas Highway . . .
I had a jarhead friend when I was in the Navy who was Marine Recon. He was an extra in the Heartbreak Ridge movie starring Clint Eastwood.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I had a jarhead friend when I was in the Navy who was Marine Recon. He was an extra in the Heartbreak Ridge movie starring Clint Eastwood.
I grew up on base, so I kinda had that influence since I could walk . . .