First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
Anybody got any ideas for funny/awesome/homage paying custom license plates to throw on these bad boys?

My buddy in the navy came up with Z-FARER the other day :D

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I was going to get "Z PROTO" but when I looked it up it was already taken.

"PROTO Z" is available, but given it technically isn't the right order for the name I am not sure whether I want to get it. Also I don't really want a custom plate that is tied to a specific car until I actually have it especially given the cost of that particular plate.

Just recently a new style of plate was introduced with was a JDM style plate which is pretty cheap. It requires a combination of 3 letters and 2 numbers either with the letters in front and the numbers behind or vice versa. I tried the combination "PRO70" meant to look like PROTO but it was already taken even before this style of plates were released which sucks.

I currently have custom Euro style plates on my BMW but these obviously won't really work with the Z.

I am also thinking about getting plates that won't be tied to a specific car that way I can use it on other cars in the future.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I was going to get "Z PROTO" but when I looked it up it was already taken.

"PROTO Z" is available, but given it technically isn't the right order for the name I am not sure whether I want to get it. Also I don't really want a custom plate that is tied to a specific car until I actually have it especially given the cost of that particular plate.

Just recently a new style of plate was introduced with was a JDM style plate which is pretty cheap. It requires a combination of 3 letters and 2 numbers either with the letters in front and the numbers behind or vice versa. I tried the combination "PRO70" meant to look like PROTO but it was already taken even before this style of plates were released which sucks.

I currently have custom Euro style plates on my BMW but these obviously won't really work with the Z.

I am also thinking about getting plates that won't be tied to a specific car that way I can use it on other cars in the future.
If you're for sure getting the Z Proto, then I'd grab PROTO Z anyway. Don't know how long in the future you'll be switching cars.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Yep let's get one thread WITH sample pics ;)

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
If you're for sure getting the Z Proto, then I'd grab PROTO Z anyway. Don't know how long in the future you'll be switching cars.
Yeah I am sort of leaning towards it as I have a Proto Spec on order so definitely should get one as I ordered mine at least 4 months before Nissan Australia announced that all Proto Spec's for Australia had been exhausted.

My issue with getting it is that we don't have prices for the car yet so it could become out of budget for me and I end up not getting the car and then am stuck with a plate I can't use. I could obviously sell it but given only a limited amount of Proto Spec's are available you have already greatly reduced your market to resell the plate. So I am going to wait it out until we get confirmation on pricing, it could be too late by then but that is a risk I am going to have to take.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Yep let's get one thread WITH sample pics ;)
Your thread trackratZ looks to have been started slightly before this thread so should get the right to be the one thread that still exists. ?

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Your thread trackratZ looks to have been started slightly before this thread so should get the right to be the one thread that still exists. ?
All good, @supra93 took care of it ?

I need a variation of this -- S30Z32 -- heritage, maybe?

1645927575611.png

Last edited: