What car are you getting instead of the Z?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Your in trouuuble. ?
not in trouble anymore....i got outbid by a lot. if i had won, it would have def put the z off table.
i already own one supra, had 2 others. she wanted to know how many did i need, how many were enough?
my reply? just one more...

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
As badly as I want an FD, there's no way in hell I'm choosing a 20+ year old car with ~50k+ miles on it already for the same amount or even more $ than a brand new Z. If I already had the Z then I'd go for it, a R33, or perhaps a few other older cars, but never in place of.
i currently own 2 fd's...a twin turbo 5 speed and a big single widebody 5 speed. its my second fav car behind the mkiv. i can tell you, they are absolutely awesome! that rotary is like nothing else. it is also a jdm classic...timeless design. the only thing id trade one for or towards is an orig nsx, r32 or r34.

but i get what you are saying too.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
i currently own 2 fd's...a twin turbo 5 speed and a big single widebody 5 speed. its my second fav car behind the mkiv. i can tell you, they are absolutely awesome! that rotary is like nothing else. it is also a jdm classic...timeless design. the only thing id trade one for or towards is an orig nsx, r32 or r34.

but i get what you are saying too.
You are one lucky man ? I'm drooling over the thought of owning this one, but damn, $70k! Only 17k miles ?

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/23BFBDDF

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
You are one lucky man ? I'm drooling over the thought of owning this one, but damn, $70k! Only 17k miles ?

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/23BFBDDF
yes sir...i'm blessed.

that is a really nice fd your looking at. my tt fd was originally montego blue like that one, but the previous owner painted it porsche riviera blue...which gives it the whole r.e. amemiya look. i like both colors tho

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
not in trouble anymore....i got outbid by a lot. if i had won, it would have def put the z off table.
i already own one supra, had 2 others. she wanted to know how many did i need, how many were enough?
my reply? just one more...
The N+1 concept, same problem here LOL, have the same issues with my mtn and road bikes;)

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The N+1 concept, same problem here LOL, have the same issues with my mtn and road bikes;)
Oooh, what kind of road/mtn bikes? I haven't been riding nearly as much lately (too much going on unfortunately), but have been contemplating getting a MTB at some point in the near future to get into some trail riding.

Have had my S-Works Tarmac for years, love it, and will ride it until it falls apart. When that sad day finally comes, I will then proceed to hang the frame on the wall as art (can't wait to see the reaction from the better half, lol).

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Oooh, what kind of road/mtn bikes? I haven't been riding nearly as much lately (too much going on unfortunately), but have been contemplating getting a MTB at some point in the near future to get into some trail riding.

Have had my S-Works Tarmac for years, love it, and will ride it until it falls apart. When that sad day finally comes, I will then proceed to hang the frame on the wall as art (can't wait to see the reaction from the better half, lol).
While waiting painfully for the Z, should create a post on 'What other sports or hobbies are we all doing, picture thread??' ;)

I have an Enduro Ibis Mojo HD plus XC Ripley, Cannondale Slate road/gravel, couple of vintage GT Zaskar and Schwinn Homegrown LOL

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
While waiting painfully for the Z, should create a post on 'What other sports or hobbies are we all doing, picture thread??' ;)

I have an Enduro Ibis Mojo HD plus XC Ripley, Cannondale Slate road/gravel, couple of vintage GT Zaskar and Schwinn Homegrown LOL
Considering we've got at least another what, 6 months? With "spring" starting March 20th, probably yeah lol. Ugh, that was painful to type.

icinnabonass

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing Fun (Yet)
Occupation
Tech Startup
As of now I am 100% committed to the Z. In the off chance there is a severe disappointment regarding any mechanical issues or electronics major enough to cause headaches -- ND2 MX5 RF.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i went to see if i could get my old mklll supra back since it was sitting with the engine blown.

but there was this huge reason i couldn't get in to talk to them about it...

IMG_20210911_101522218.jpg

IMG_20210911_101513672.jpg

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
i went to see if i could get my old mklll supra back since it was sitting with the engine blown.

but there was this huge reason i couldn't get in to talk to them about it...

IMG_20210911_101513672.jpg
That Dane will just hug you to death, more worried about that pit though...

Comes to mind my first 240Z, custom painted, air dam, wheels, etc. was found abandoned on a vacant lot one day years ago, what did the owner do, soooo sad!!

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
That Dane will just hug you to death, more worried about that pit though...

Comes to mind my first 240Z, custom painted, air dam, wheels, etc. was found abandoned on a vacant lot one day years ago, what did the owner do, soooo sad!!
the dane was huge...i didn't even notice the other dog at first.

that z sounded nice...got any pics?

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I started looking at Boxsters and then came across a stock S2000 in good shape. 2003 AP1

Will post a pic as soon as I get it washed.
Congrats! I had a 05 AP2 for about a year. Went 151mph at 7800rpm and blew the doors off a SN95 5.0 with nitrous from a dig. I was 18. Still great cars. I thought about buying another one, but didn't.

Waiting for pics bud ?