First Name
Sircy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
260-Z/350-Z
Occupation
professional
What's everyone? I want to say NISSAN lost a lifelong fan. I've been a Z owner since I was fourteen. My father bought a 260-Z and put it together for me as my first car. That car was my pride and joy. I wanted to become a Z collector as a little personal hobby. I anxiously waited for the 350 to come out. I used to go to the local dealer near my University and bug them to let me know when it arrived. They were so nice, they sent a complete info packet and gave me a test ride. I finally obtained a 350 few years ago. I've done quite a bit to it to keep her up tp par. My next purchase was the long awaited NEW Z.

I have followed almost every article written about the possible new designs and saw a number of renderings. Once the announced the "Z" last October 2021 with release in Spring '22, I was ecstatic. January came and I put down a deposit at a local dealer, here in Vegas. They dropped the ball by the way. They have no clue. I found more info on the car here. I know more about the car than they do. SAD!! No Spring release and nothing this Fall. I've seen the pricing and thought of the possible mark-ups. With that type of money I could get more HP and performance in my dream car the Porsche.

After collecting my deposit, I accompanied my wife to pick up her C7 from having a tune up and saw the C8. Once I sat in it, I had to have it. I put together a build that has everything I want instead of taking one of two trim packages. I rented one this past weekend and know I've made a better decision to get more bang for my buck. I have a 3 month wait but it will be well worth it.

After all the delays and the sales team's lack of knowledge and lack of communication, I will say it was time for me to move up in the sportscar world and get a supercar. So long Nissan.

S. Moore

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
congrats...hope you love it.
it's really sad how many people have bailed on nissan. even i bought another car while waiting.

funny it's been so long that i started saving some money again plus had some left over, so im back on board with the Z.

that is...if i don't get sidetracked with another sports car lol

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Great choice and congratulations!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Normally I'd scoff and say "good luck with the C8 wait-list!"

But yeah Nissan sucks.

When I look around at options, they are ALL some kind of wait and AMV, but, those vehicles are at least being delivered, even if it sucks how things are post-pandemic.

I've just outright given up. I was never ok with AMV, and even used cars are still asking for over original MSRP, although nowadays they aren't selling with the economy in correction.

I'm going to wait. If a Z, Golf R or GR Corolla comes up at/below MSRP I'll pounce. But as long as the car world is fucked, I'm totally out.

Please share your C8 with us when you get it!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Great choice! I wanted to do the same but the markup here in Canada for a used is almost doubled the cars MSRP and canā€™t afford it. Iā€™m so close at getting a c7 grand sport though

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Great choice! I wanted to do the same but the markup here in Canada for a used is almost doubled the cars MSRP and canā€™t afford it. Iā€™m so close at getting a c7 grand sport though
I feel like the C7 is the big brother to the Z and a great option.

C8 is totally different animal.....

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'd do a C7 GS in a heartbeat. Lighter, handles just as well, down on power in comparison to the Z06 but let's be honest, it still rips. Can't go wrong.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
What's everyone? I want to say NISSAN lost a lifelong fan. I've been a Z owner since I was fourteen. My father bought a 260-Z and put it together for me as my first car. That car was my pride and joy. I wanted to become a Z collector as a little personal hobby. I anxiously waited for the 350 to come out. I used to go to the local dealer near my University and bug them to let me know when it arrived. They were so nice, they sent a complete info packet and gave me a test ride. I finally obtained a 350 few years ago. I've done quite a bit to it to keep her up tp par. My next purchase was the long awaited NEW Z.

I have followed almost every article written about the possible new designs and saw a number of renderings. Once the announced the "Z" last October 2021 with release in Spring '22, I was ecstatic. January came and I put down a deposit at a local dealer, here in Vegas. They dropped the ball by the way. They have no clue. I found more info on the car here. I know more about the car than they do. SAD!! No Spring release and nothing this Fall. I've seen the pricing and thought of the possible mark-ups. With that type of money I could get more HP and performance in my dream car the Porsche.

After collecting my deposit, I accompanied my wife to pick up her C7 from having a tune up and saw the C8. Once I sat in it, I had to have it. I put together a build that has everything I want instead of taking one of two trim packages. I rented one this past weekend and know I've made a better decision to get more bang for my buck. I have a 3 month wait but it will be well worth it.

After all the delays and the sales team's lack of knowledge and lack of communication, I will say it was time for me to move up in the sportscar world and get a supercar. So long Nissan.

S. Moore
As a Proto Z, and Corvette C8 owner as well I am certain you will love the C8 as much or more than the Z. They are very different vehicles to drive. The Z looks sexier than the C8 in my opinion but the C8 is much faster and badass than the Z. The C8 is however a pain the ass to keep clean and oh the Wheel Dust with the Z51 package...they are always dirty UGH. Good Luck and hopefully Nissan will get their shit together and have more cars available without the ridiculous ADM's!!

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
If we're talking same mother!

However, I get the same 70's vibes from both the C7 and older gens and Z's....
Rwd, 2 seater hatchback, mullets, louvers....
Man, I prefer the Z but Iā€™m so turned off on their info available on this car. I agree with the OP, the dealers donā€™t know squat about it and still call it 400z and have zero knowledge on anything. Itā€™s a shame

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man, I prefer the Z but Iā€™m so turned off on their info available on this car. I agree with the OP, the dealers donā€™t know squat about it and still call it 400z and have zero knowledge on anything. Itā€™s a shame
I mean they have gotten so used to mainly selling shitboxes with ticking time bomb transmissions, what to even expect from them anymore.

OP
OP

SMM-71

First Name
Sircy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
260-Z/350-Z
Occupation
professional
Normally I'd scoff and say "good luck with the C8 wait-list!"

But yeah Nissan sucks.

When I look around at options, they are ALL some kind of wait and AMV, but, those vehicles are at least being delivered, even if it sucks how things are post-pandemic.

I've just outright given up. I was never ok with AMV, and even used cars are still asking for over original MSRP, although nowadays they aren't selling with the economy in correction.

I'm going to wait. If a Z, Golf R or GR Corolla comes up at/below MSRP I'll pounce. But as long as the car world is fucked, I'm totally out.

Please share your C8 with us when you get it!
I will share when it comes out n