First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
The AMS post states this tune was on 93.

The 109 tune was a previous run with a non-Proto.
So it makes virtually no extra power on 109 over 93? Kinda hard to believe.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
So it makes virtually no extra power on 109 over 93? Kinda hard to believe.
The torque curve on this graph looks as if this is about the max the stock setup can push before choking and requiring supporting upgrades.

The Z with the 109 tune also had upgraded LDPs, and I believe it was stated the only reason they tuned on 109 initially was so they could benchmark safely without risk of detonation; don’t remember them claiming that it was required to hit those levels

I imagine they could’ve pushed farther on that grade of fuel

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
The torque curve on this graph looks as if this is about the max the stock setup can push before choking and requiring supporting upgrades.

The Z with the 109 tune also had upgraded LDPs, and I believe it was stated the only reason they tuned on 109 initially was so they could benchmark safely without risk of detonation; don’t remember them claiming that it was required to hit those levels

I imagine they could’ve pushed farther on that grade of fuel
I agree with your first sentence. You see how fast it peaks power and then just dumps off? Turbos are done. I can't even imagine how much heat they are pumping out. I would call those pulls dyno queen #s. Great to see the engine can do that stock though. More like a full send it pull just to see what it can do, once and only once. I can imagine, more like, would hope, that the OTS tunes are a bit more conservative. Got to keep those IATs in check to be reliable/consistent.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I was going off post #21 btw. Not the other post that you can barely even tell what the numbers are.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
I agree with your first sentence. You see how fast it peaks power and then just dumps off? Turbos are done. I can't even imagine how much heat they are pumping out. I would call those pulls dyno queen #s. Great to see the engine can do that stock though. More like a full send it pull just to see what it can do, once and only once. I can imagine, more like, would hope, that the OTS tunes are a bit more conservative. Got to keep those IATs in check to be reliable/consistent.
Yeh they are reportedly “small” turbos on the VR30 so I can’t imagine their efficiency range is very high.

One of the characteristics of the previous VQ engines in the Z cars that I really enjoy is the smooth linear power curve that climbs all the way to redline. The massively higher torque here would definitely be fun, but I agree that steep fall off up high would be disappointing. Hopefully the Pure Turbo upgrade, or Z1s new turbos can remedy that.

Hard to say how reliable this tune would be longterm considering this is still just their R&D car. Looks promising tho, excited to see some actual customer cars running these.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Google translate -
450.06ps 61.46kgm with replacement muffler
495.17ps 71.98kgm with CPU Over 500ps guaranteed if you change to meta-cata