DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
There seems to be a lack of clarity here as to whether the BG on the Z is a solid or pearl - the leaked guide says the former but other Nissan BG vehicles seem to have some pearl (it is even called "BG Pearl" with those). So I took the full-sized image of the badge-area closeup in this photo set, which is 8192 x 5464 pixels, and cropped it so it would be accepted for upload by this forum. The first photo below shows the full image downsized - there is no direct sunlight on it, but there a good amount of diffuse light, certainly enough to show any pearl in the paint. Below that is a 100% sized crop from the large original - as you can see in this closeup, there is no evidence of anything other than a solid paint. No pearl, mica, or metallic flake, just enamel. This eliminates BG for me personally, YMMV. I like solid enamel paint, but only on older vintage/classic cars.

The third image below is the same crop with a fairly aggressive sharpen filter applied to bring out any possible hidden paint variation - nada. Magnifying the original shows nothing either (except digital noise).

The fourth image is a 100% crop from the large original image in an area with the most light reflection - still no pearl.

Edit: the last image is a closeup of BG from a Murano - you can clearly see the pearl effect, even out of the direct sunlight area.

2023-nissan-z_boulder-gray-1-jpg.jpg

paint.jpg

paint sharpened.jpg

more light.jpg

boulder-gray-sparkle-1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
I'm like 90% sure I saw red interior was available on Gun Metallic and Black Diamond. Someone in Canada that reserved one of these colors will have to confirm.
Red interior wasn't available on the black car for pre-order. Whether or not it will later on remains to be seen. Not sure about the gun metal, but I think it was only black too for Canada at least on the web/dealer pre-order.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
There seems to be a lack of clarity here as to whether the BG on the Z is a solid or pearl - the leaked guide says the former but other Nissan BG vehicles seem to have some pearl (it is even called "BG Pearl" with those). So I took the full-sized image of the badge-area closeup in this photo set, which is 8192 x 5464 pixels, and cropped it so it would be accepted for upload by this forum. The first photo below shows the full image downsized - there is no direct sunlight on it, but there a good amount of diffuse light, certainly enough to show any pearl in the paint. Below that is a 100% sized crop from the large original - as you can see in this closeup, there is no evidence of anything other than a solid paint. No pearl, mica, or metallic flake, just enamel. This eliminates BG for me personally, YMMV. I like solid enamel paint, but only on older vintage/classic cars.

The third image below is the same crop with a fairly aggressive sharpen filter applied to bring out any possible hidden paint variation - nada. Magnifying the original shows nothing either (except digital noise).

The fourth image is a 100% crop from the large original image in an area with the most light reflection - still no pearl.

Edit: the last image is a closeup of BG from a Murano - you can clearly see the pearl effect, even out of the direct sunlight area.

2023-nissan-z_boulder-gray-1-jpg.jpg

boulder-gray-sparkle-1-jpg.jpg
This color is going to look magical once the imperfections are detailed out and it gets a nice glossy CQUK ceramic coating applied.

Zaiyajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda3 5door
Been going back and forth on whether I really liked the BG color on the Z, but I think this puts it to bed for me. Although a cool color, I'm more weary of the solid look showing more scratches and swirls (as I'm also afraid the super black top will). You can already see swirlies in the last crop from the Z (not the Murano crop). Definitely would have preferred if they had kept the BG with pearlescent effect to give it more depth and hide the swirlies just a bit better.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
really !the car will be so fast you wont see any swirls or scratches ! lol lol !

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Been going back and forth on whether I really liked the BG color on the Z, but I think this puts it to bed for me. Although a cool color, I'm more weary of the solid look showing more scratches and swirls (as I'm also afraid the super black top will). You can already see swirlies in the last crop from the Z (not the Murano crop). Definitely would have preferred if they had kept the BG with pearlescent effect to give it more depth and hide the swirlies just a bit better.
If you have the means, buy a pressure washer and stop using car washes if you have been. Also, when washing and drying use vertical and horizontal wipes, never circular. I have a 2017, no swirls.

Dotson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nissan Pathfinder
If you have the means, buy a pressure washer and stop using car washes if you have been. Also, when washing and drying use vertical and horizontal wipes, never circular. I have a 2017, no swirls.
Or... if you can afford diapers, use those. Remember circular wipes are a no no. ?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
From factory paint is never perfect, especially massed produced cars. Even the upper echelon of cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, etc. have imperfections from factory. If I were you I'd take the car to get paint corrected by professional detailers. A simple 1 stage paint correction would remove a good amount of swirls/orange peel and isn't very expensive at all, probably around ~$500. If you want the paint perfect like a mirror then go multi stage correction, but that would probably be upwards of $1000+. Then I would also get it ceramic coated which isn't cheap either, but definitely worth it when it comes to cleaning maintenance. And lastly like others said before me you should really only hand wash the car and use proper technique (2 bucket method and a pressure washer will be fine).

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Very nice. I really like the red interior as well. It's not too overwhelming like the blue. I think the blue interior has too much blue where the entire seats and door inserts are blue. This has a nice happy medium of red-to-black.

1644456138126.png
Yeah, I think it is too much color in both on the dash mostly? Is it true they are not offering an almost all black interior?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Yeah, I think it is too much color in both on the dash mostly? Is it true they are not offering an almost all black interior?
I'd prefer less blue on the dash as well. Seats and doors are enough for me.

They are offering a black interior (graphite). It should pretty much look the same as the proto spec just without the yellow stitching and other yellow accents.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
The Challengers have the opposite issue. If you got the ruby interior, the door inserts were the same, but if you got the new tan seats (which I really wanted to get), the doors and everything else was still black. I ended up getting the 1320 in which everything was black though.