ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
New bumpers can come painted from Nissan. I bought upgraded "Sport Aero" bumpers for my Q60, and they were already painted, with the park sensor holes pre-installed.
I vaguely recall Infiniti having a G35 sport bumper available in color.
Never got a Q60 bumper delivered from Infiniti in color.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I vaguely recall Infiniti having a G35 sport bumper available in color.
Never got a Q60 bumper delivered from Infiniti in color.
Infiniti had a program where you could order rear spoiler, rear "Aero" bumper, sideskirts, mudflaps in body color. I bought all of that when I got my car, and it all matched perfectly.

I think some colors are still available from Infiniti, but they also have unpainted pieces too.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Infiniti had a program where you could order rear spoiler, rear "Aero" bumper, sideskirts, mudflaps in body color. I bought all of that when I got my car, and it all matched perfectly.

I think some colors are still available from Infiniti, but they also have unpainted pieces too.

Gotcha.
Nissan does have some parts available in color but are accessory items like mudguards, spoilers, body side moldings, etc. They did sell 350Z fuel doors prepainted.
Mirrors and door handles can be purchased in color from some car manufacturers as well.

Main body parts would not come in color.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
There isn't anything mentioned about a problem with the bumper.
Seems like the fix is adjusting the spacing.

Again, new bumpers do not come painted. No need to change a bumper for paint damage.
If that was true then why are some cars getting those stupid pieces of rubber or foam jammed in between the headlight and bumper.That is a design flaw in the bumper.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
If that was true then why are some cars getting those stupid pieces of rubber or foam jammed in between the headlight and bumper.That is a design flaw in the bumper.

It doesn't appear to be jammed in there. Simply placed there after adjustments.

Between the bumper mount brackets and the headlamp mount screws, Nissan can find a few millimeters to adjust the spacing.

I've been in the repair industry for a long time. Those are the areas I would check first and could be what Nissan is referring to under #3 in their letter to dealers. Parts mentioned in #4 could be a new bracket and/or that piece of Nissan OEM foam sticker.

At the end of the day, there will be growing pains on any new model from any manufacturer. If you want to see what a real paint issue looks like, search the new Supra forum. Some first year vehicles didn't have enough paint coverage and is see thru under certain lighting.

Last edited:

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Dropped my Proto manual at the dealership Monday for the Trans replacement. Got it back today. Really can't tell a difference from before. Only thing I notice is a musty body odor smell from the Tech's working inside it:( UGH

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Dropped my Proto manual at the dealership Monday for the Trans replacement. Got it back today. Really can't tell a difference from before. Only thing I notice is a musty body odor smell from the Tech's working inside it:( UGH
1675952892377.png

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I hate the problem, but love this thread. Nice paint close-up photos. Is the blue a metallic?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
IMG_20230204_111937.jpg
Checked mine today, and it seems to be affected by this 😥 Does anyone know how they are fixing it? Are they replacing the entire bumper if the paint is chipping already?
Does the Seiran Blue have a bit of metallic to it?

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
I have a performance coming in March I have a deposit and purchase receipt. I specifically ask on build date due to trans issues (has the manual) and paint. it has a 12/22/22 build date so "fresh" The other two, one was April last year and another October. I looked at the two older ones in person and didn't see any headlight paint issues. I am curious if anyone knows the build date window on the Trans replacement. Would one built in late December like what I'll be buying be past that trans issue? The Paint issue? I plan to ask the dealer so I know if I will be getting any Trans recall notice and if so maybe have them replace it before I pick it up as its in another state.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I have a performance coming in March I have a deposit and purchase receipt. I specifically ask on build date due to trans issues (has the manual) and paint. it has a 12/22/22 build date so "fresh" The other two, one was April last year and another October. I looked at the two older ones in person and didn't see any headlight paint issues. I am curious if anyone knows the build date window on the Trans replacement. Would one built in late December like what I'll be buying be past that trans issue? The Paint issue? I plan to ask the dealer so I know if I will be getting any Trans recall notice and if so maybe have them replace it before I pick it up as its in another state.
Technically, they can’t even sell it till it’s fixed. So, if you leave with it, it’s most likely already done.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
good to know. I was going back to 71Zman's post about getting it in Sept and just got the recall and fix. likely due to the recall not hitting prior to his being picked up.

Papa G Z

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sky redline
Occupation
VP Sales
71Zman, be curious to hear your results when to put on the Conti Extreme Contacts. I put those on our 2008 Saturn Sky redline that we bought a couple years ago. had less than 10,000 miles on it but tires were old. Huge difference in traction with those. I was wondering if any daily driver owner had bought replacements given all the performance concerns on reviews. Sounds like alot of the performance 1/4 / handling etc... could be corrected by the better tires. Are you saying to have the Conti's on now vs. stock and your losing traction still or are you still on stock?