First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Per the spec sheet, the bronze Rays are a standalone option (does not say Proto Spec) so should be avail for other colors.

The other Option items do say Proto Spec, so I'm reading you can't get the yellow calipers unless you buy the Proto special launch edition (240 units).
I really hope I'm proven wrong.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Did I say Nissan is special? I don't think I did. Just said I didn't want the same color scheme as subaru. You know you sound REALLY special though. Do you need someone to clean your drool for you or are you competent enough to do it yourself? Smart enough to @ me with stupid shit so I'm not going to feel that bad for you.
Calm your fucking tits, tough guy.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Hmm, it SEEMS the only thing that makes the proto Spec special is just the interior. I hope this isn't the case because that would totally defeat the purpose of building only 240 of them. Everything I've heard so far says the paint, brake color, wheel color, and interior are exclusive to the proto but the spec sheet does say otherwise...

Screenshot_20210822-085440_Drive.jpg

The only thing that might make me correct is that the proto itself is listed as an option on the performance model, making the proto exclusive stuff show up as options on the spec sheet.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hmm, it SEEMS the only thing that makes the proto Spec special is just the interior. I hope this isn't the case because that would totally defeat the purpose of building only 240 of them. Everything I've heard so far says the paint, brake color, wheel color, and interior are exclusive to the proto but the spec sheet does say otherwise...

Screenshot_20210822-085440_Drive.jpg

The only thing that might make me correct is that the proto itself is listed as an option on the performance model, making the proto exclusive stuff show up as options on the spec sheet.
This is what I was saying the other day….I still want one …just because.
But they made it clear the yellow is one of the 6 two tones colours available, they have said you can get the wheels and calipers as options…so other than some stitching and a nice knob…not much difference….unless on reveal Nissan surprises us with something different

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
If that's the case I'm 100% getting the bronze wheels.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring

I believe the Proto edition has the letter "Z" painted on the calipers whereas the Performance instead has "Nissan" on the calipers. Either way you won't be able to fake the Z Proto edition that easily because as soon as you see the interior you'll know if it's the limited edition or not. They should add a badge on the rear that says "Proto Edition" as well.

Anyways, I think these are definitely going to all be options. With the different interior color options and new exterior colors they're really pushing the "make it your own" motto.

Not only that, but these extra options will help bring in extra money. I'm sure that the bronze wheels and yellow calipers will cost extra as they are options.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Pretty sure you're not getting yellow, yellow calipers, or bronze wheels without getting the Proto.

With that said, mine is gonna be either white or blue performance with manual trans.
I really want the yellow calipers in the performance package. If they don’t throw in the bronze wheels (obviously not the interior version of the proto spec)

I still want the yellow and don’t want the red calipers. It makes sense to at least offer the yellow calipers

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I think we’re getting all impatient. I mean, there’s nothing we can do betw now and Spring, plus the initial batch are dealer allocations only. If this was the case as Nissan planned, why even have the reveal this early, how about Feb or so.

Look who’s getting impatient?!!?

Maybe pre-orders might be possible even before Spring, for at least Fall deliveries

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I believe the Proto edition has the letter "Z" painted on the calipers whereas the Performance instead has "Nissan" on the calipers. Either way you won't be able to fake the Z Proto edition that easily because as soon as you see the interior you'll know if it's the limited edition or not. They should add a badge on the rear that says "Proto Edition" as well.

Anyways, I think these are definitely going to all be options. With the different interior color options and new exterior colors they're really pushing the "make it your own" motto.

Not only that, but these extra options will help bring in extra money. I'm sure that the bronze wheels and yellow calipers will cost extra as they are options.
Yes!!!! I’m not not looking to “fake” the proto spec. I just want the yellow car and matching calipers. Don’t care if it days Nissan or Z on it.
So, yes this is awesome news!

Talisman39

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fusion
For me it will be:
  • Performance Spec
  • Manual

Am torn on colors:
  • Wasn't expecting to be interested in blue but the blue/blue combo may be my #1 pick right now
  • White also could be great (though I don't normally like pearlescent, will have to see what it's like in real life), with red interior (if not too bright red)
  • The Boulder Grey also looks pretty attractive on other Nissan vehicles. Do we know if that's pearl/metallic? I'm assuming so, but I like that shade in flat paint even better. Would do red interior on this also.
  • All of these I'd get the bronze wheels.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
if i can hold out for one

performance
blue