Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Bruh, 41k for the Camaro? šŸ˜³
Yea I had a fully loaded 2ss with everything minus Magride. That I got at for a hook up I got that car for 39k when I got it lol truthfully I had it for a few days already I just felt bad saying it lol

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
well number one they gave me 41k for the camaro and then gave me the 22 supra 3.0 prem for 57 which is ok i really didnt want the toyocare or guard or whatever but its free service for 2 year not really i guess lol since it was in the 57k price anyways the 21k i had left from the trade paid half the car basically
Is that for a new one? If so thatā€™s actually a decent price. That is what I paid for my 3.0 premium with drivers assistance package in Jan of this year.

Edit: Iā€™m still def in for a Zā€¦ just a matter of when.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Is that for a new one? If so thatā€™s actually a decent price. That is what I paid for my 3.0 premium with drivers assistance package in Jan of this year.

Edit: Iā€™m still def in for a Zā€¦ just a matter of when.
yea i have that and the toyo guard, i still want to get a z also but i figured it be awhile before i can even get one

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
yea i have that and the toyo guard
Congrats man! Given everything thatā€™s happened since Jan thought dealers would price gouge like crazy, but happy to hear you got it for a reasonable price.

Gives me hope the price of the Z perf might be reasonable too if I can find a good dealership.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Congrats man! Given everything thatā€™s happened since Jan thought dealers would price gouge like crazy, but happy to hear you got it for a reasonable price.

Gives me hope the price of the Z perf might be reasonable too if I can find a good dealership.
well a few places i had visited had 10k markup, i had to fight these guys to but they wanted the sale at the end, im going to be honest if nissan only gets one or 2 per dealer i have a bad feeling about the initial launch

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
$55k

And

Seeing the bus length that Supra put on the Z really killed most of my enthusiasm for this car
So you will not buy a car based on some video you watched on YouTube? A lot of those videos are paid by other competitors. Good, one less of you to worry about! šŸ¤£

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
So you will not buy a car based on some video you watched on YouTube? A lot of those videos are paid by other competitors. Good, one less of you to worry about! šŸ¤£

I agree it is too early to "give up"
And I have a lot of issues with social media reviewers and click bait crap

But the Hagerty guy is well respected and if you really think Ford or Toyota paid him to fake a video you are living in your own vape cloud

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
I agree it is too early to "give up"
And I have a lot of issues with social media reviewers and click bait crap

But the Hagerty guy is well respected and if you really think Ford or Toyota paid him to fake a video you are living in your own vape cloud
Not necessarily paid by them but if you think about it, the Supra's numbers on the Dyno were lower than the new Z, except for the torque, no way in hell it puts a bus length. I've played with stock Supra's with my tuned 370z and none of them gapped me that much. Which is why I call bs on this one.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Not necessarily paid by them but if you think about it, the Supra's numbers on the Dyno were lower than the new Z, except for the torque, no way in hell it puts a bus length. I've played with stock Supra's with my tuned 370z and none of them gapped me that much. Which is why I call bs on this one.

They are not lower. Higher.
Z is 400 at crank
Supra is 385 at wheels
and more importantly torque is what drives 1/4 times NOT hp.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
People buy houses off plans without ever seeing themā€¦why should a car be any different, not everyone wants to race indeed Iā€™d say only around 10% do.
The majority want a fun car that they can take out on the country roads on the weekend, but is still useful during the day.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Personally, I don't really care if the new Z can beat Supra or not.
I want a car that is reasonably priced, has decent reliability, looks elegant, goes fast enough for me to enjoy and, most importantly, with stick shift.

Not taking mine to the tracks, and not going to race the kids honking at me at red lights, either.

I see *"hack yeah!"* percentage keeps dropping...
Chance of paying MSRP is increasing. ;)

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
People buy houses off plans without ever seeing themā€¦why should a car be any different, not everyone wants to race indeed Iā€™d say only around 10% do.
The majority want a fun car that they can take out on the country roads on the weekend, but is still useful during the day.
I rarely buy anything without first checking it out. Ideally, I'd like to see, touch, sit in, and drive before buying a vehicle. Does the vehicle fit like a glove, everything come naturally, an extension of how I like to drive and the feel? Hard to know for sure, without checking it out.

Otherwise agreed, I'm not hung up on a few tenths of a second drag times or track performance. More interested, is the overall package something I'd enjoy and find useful on the roads (which I'm betting most likely it is).

PeopleDo-Idont.gif

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm out until they significantly drop the price on the performance or release models between sport and performance that have what I want.