Sponsored

Smokey on Start UP ?

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
153
Reaction score
127
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
When I start the car after sitting for a bit overnight, I see smoke out the back in my mirrors. I can't discern if it is smoky like oil or carbon, or if it is water vapour ? Does anyone else see this on their cars, it is hard to tell as I am in the car and not seeing it form the rear. Anyone else see this on their cars. I am still going through break-in at 1,400 kms, I will be swapping out the oil this week.
 

thesilverbullet

Well-Known Member
First Name
Silver
Joined
Jun 16, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
822
Reaction score
813
Location
Clemson
Car(s)
‘25 PRFM M/T Gun Metallic
Occupation
EE
Yes - once on a cool morning - it was steam…. But it did make me look. lol

Does not happen on warm mornings.
 

cam

Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Edmonton
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Its water vapour.

Or your cylinder head is cracked and your burning coolant in the cylinders 😆
 
OP
OP

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
153
Reaction score
127
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
Its water vapour.

Or your cylinder head is cracked and your burning coolant in the cylinders 😆
I need to see if there is some colour to the smoke, maybe get my son to start it up next time and I wait outside
 
 






Top