Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
friend of mine is an engineer at Nissan; forgot exactly what he told me, but iirc there was some part in the transmission that was out of spec by like an inch & was a stupid mistake that was easily fixed. From what i've been reading, they are swapping out entire transmissions; think I recall hearing from either my buddy at Nissan or somewhere in the forums that they had sent teams to the ports to fix/replace the transmissions on the spot

edit: this is to say the manuals are currently being fixed or are fixed already
I have a proto that has been sitting at the port since late August, I just received a call a few days ago that the vehicle was being shipped this week. It was a transmission issue with all the manuals.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I have a proto that has been sitting at the port since late August, I just received a call a few days ago that the vehicle was being shipped this week. It was a transmission issue with all the manuals.
Has anyone heard exactly what the issue with the transmission was and what exactly was done to correct it?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
Yes, and no. Papers are signed, and the car is officially mine, but I made a deal with the dealership that benefits both of us. Because there is 4ft of snow where I live, and they love to salt the roads, it won't be driven until the spring. The dealership agreed to keep it in the show room, roped off so people can see it but not touch until the spring when I can drive it. I get free, secure storage, and the dealership gets to let customers see the car, so win win in my books
i dont blame you. taken from the undercarriage thread, a lot of it looks exposed.

Is it normal to have all that paint exposed?

_nc_ohc=dKYdXD9as1sAX-jejxW&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

MZGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Does anyone know if there is an option for undercarriage coating?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I had a good down payment and did finance the remaining amount, and interest rate is horrible, 8.5%. My plan is to get a home equity line of credit with allot lower interest rate and pay the remainder of the balance off with that to save a bit of money
You can keep your present loan and lower your "effective" rate by paying more every month. You won't throw money away by the fees and closing costs on the HELOC.

Now that rates have considerably risen since even six months ago, I'm reposting on how to pay less interest with minimal pain:

To get around that, compute your payment with your desired rate. Take your current rate payment, subtract your desired rate payment, and add the sum of that to your actual payment. You'll get your "effective" rate over the life of your loan because the interest is calculated on a descending loan balance.

If you pay more on principal each month, you'll pay less interest overall.

Payment at 4.99% = 547.67
Payment at 1.99% = 517.67
Add $30 to your 547.67 payment each month to pay an effective rate of 1.99% over the life of the loan.

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Congrats from AUS, looks great, this is the same spec that I have pre-ordered

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Love that Blue - congrats
So I learned today that the car was manufactured in March, but they sat at Port not allowed to be sold because of the transmission issue. The dealership is waiting for the transmission (brand new complete unit) to be delivered so they can change it out. I was thinking I might have them install the downpipes while the trans is out just to make it that much easier, I've seen allot of videos that it's hell to get to the v-band on the turbos, this might just be the answer!

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
So I learned today that the car was manufactured in March, but they sat at Port not allowed to be sold because of the transmission issue. The dealership is waiting for the transmission (brand new complete unit) to be delivered so they can change it out. I was thinking I might have them install the downpipes while the trans is out just to make it that much easier, I've seen allot of videos that it's hell to get to the v-band on the turbos, this might just be the answer!
Man now i wonder when production will actually start for canada for pre orders, and when they will actually deliver them too. I think a ton of customers r going to get screwed as in production for 23 will be cut off and if you would like to order a 24 you can kindly place another deposit 😉

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Man now i wonder when production will actually start for canada for pre orders, and when they will actually deliver them too. I think a ton of customers r going to get screwed as in production for 23 will be cut off and if you would like to order a 24 you can kindly place another deposit 😉
I got a call today from the dealer I have a pre oder with, they received a car yesterday and asked if I was interested in a different color which I said no to.I asked them the price and it was 73,000. for a performace with auto. Welcome to the U.S.A

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I got a call today from the dealer I have a pre oder with, they received a car yesterday and asked if I was interested in a different color which I said no to.I asked them the price and it was 73,000. for a performace with auto. Welcome to the U.S.A
Which dealer? And was it the proto?