RevMatchTV - Is the Z Better Than The 2024 Mustang?

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Better is a subjective term bud. Are you making the argument that any car with higher performance numbers is a better car? Better for what situation? Racing? Because that wasn't what the Z is built for. It can be made into that if thats what you so desire. Also a fun part of the Z is its such a great and stable platform to build on.

Oh also I don't need a Fix or Repair Daily Mustang, as I'd never trust their reliability. And I'd argue the quality of the interior or the Z, plus the quality of the driving experience far out does the Mustang. Same with the Camaro LT1 as I mentioned. BMW might be able to compete with it for driving experience, but the version of that car I'd need to get is over 100k if I want a manual. So for the money, the Z is by far and away the best choice in my book.
Bud? That’s funny. Guessing you two aren’t buds. Anywho, you’re comparing Nissan build quality to Ford? You’re really gonna do that? They both suck. Difference is one will still be in existence in 10 years so you can fix or repair daily. The other’s future is not looking so great.

Your argument falls short, very. Your best comeback is the Z wasn’t made for the track. Right you are! But I’d bet the Mustang with mag ride is a better tourer than a Z. I would say, objectively speaking, the Mustang is a far better car. And when I say objectively, I mean braking, acceleration, handling, etc. (that is how you would define a car objectively, no?), for $50k there are many better options than the Z. Of course subjectively (like appearance and emotion), that’s up to the individual. Sounds like you should read up on the differences between objective and subjective, bud.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Bud? That’s funny. Guessing you two aren’t buds. Anywho, you’re comparing Nissan build quality to Ford? You’re really gonna do that? They both suck. Difference is one will still be in existence in 10 years so you can fix or repair daily. The other’s future is not looking so great.

Your argument falls short, very. Your best comeback is the Z wasn’t made for the track. Right you are! But I’d bet the Mustang with mag ride is a better tourer than a Z. I would say, objectively speaking, the Mustang is a far better car. And when I say objectively, I mean braking, acceleration, handling, etc. (that is how you would define a car objectively, no?), for $50k there are many better options than the Z. Of course subjectively (like appearance and emotion), that’s up to the individual. Sounds like you should read up on the differences between objective and subjective, bud.
Why the hostility dude?

Everyone knows what the (current) mustang is and isn't and can make a decision for themselves. I don't personally like the interior, and the issues I've heard from owners and the well publicised issues with the MT-82 put me off. If I really wanted the v8 I'd probably overlook that.

What I wanted from the s650 was for them to replace the MT-82. Maybe it will be better than it was, but we will know more when it's in owners hands.

kraftmatic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 BMW M240i xDrive
Occupation
IT Manager

Wow did not mean to offend you by using the term "bud". Its just how I refer to people in hopes of being friendly and building a connection. Apologies if that didn't land right with you.

On to the "argument" lol! Again, I have to say, everything about cars is subjective. What is better depends greatly on your perspective. I've never had anything but terrible luck with Ford motors. My neighbor that owns his dream Mustang has had that thing in the shop more often than he's been able to use it. The thing needed an entire engine swap after less than 20k miles, he was even responsible for a nationwide recall on some part of his car lol. Even if I was to buy one of those, I'd never trust the thing. And what use is a faster car when you're siting inside of a cheaply made interior? I've never been in a Mustang that felt like they didn't cut corners inside.

I would look at your $50k spent on a Mustang as a huge waste of money. But thats only for me! For you it may indeed be the GT car you've been looking for. Thats fine! Happy for you man! I hope to see you doing burn outs to your hearts content in your Stang. Me? I'll be driving along in my Z, happy as can be.

I still find it SO strange that people are so eager to crap on the Z in a Nissan Z forum. Weird. Anyways, hope you have a fantastic day, and that you find your automotive happiness in whatever ride you decide on.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
and i was one of the first people at least in miami to Get the first 2015 Gt with track pack had it for 5 years daily it and tracked it , had about 35k miles on it when i traded it in never once did i have a issue with the car engine or tranny wise so its just luck of the draw, just like people are having issues with the manual and auto protos now

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Why the hostility dude?

Everyone knows what the (current) mustang is and isn't and can make a decision for themselves. I don't personally like the interior, and the issues I've heard from owners and the well publicised issues with the MT-82 put me off. If I really wanted the v8 I'd probably overlook that.

What I wanted from the s650 was for them to replace the MT-82. Maybe it will be better than it was, but we will know more when it's in owners hands.
What about the well documented 2nd gear grind in the Z? And they haven’t even sold 100 units. Agreed, MT-82 sucks. I think the dark horse will have the good tranny. Truth be told I really want to like the Stang, but just can’t get there. Problem with the Z is the price. It’s a terrible value proposition. It’s going to suffer the same fate as the 370 because the competition has caught up a surpassed Nissan a decade ago.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
What about the well documented 2nd gear grind in the Z? And they haven’t even sold 100 units.
I don't want to dismiss the possibility of the 2nd gear grind being an issue, but it's just too early to say imo. I suspect if there is a persistent issue, Nissan will address it.

Agreed, MT-82 sucks. I think the dark horse will have the good tranny. Truth be told I really want to like the Stang, but just can’t get there. Problem with the Z is the price. It’s a terrible value proposition. It’s going to suffer the same fate as the 370 because the competition has caught up a surpassed Nissan a decade ago.
Yeah I'm keen to see if the dark horse is offered here. The mach 1 only made it here in such limited numbers that even a second hand 2021 mach 1 will set you back over 110k AUD. Fair enough on the value on the Z. I don't really know what it competes with on price over there, but it seems like you guys have a much more competitively priced car market.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I don't want to dismiss the possibility of the 2nd gear grind being an issue, but it's just too early to say imo. I suspect if there is a persistent issue, Nissan will address it.

Yeah I'm keen to see if the dark horse is offered here. The mach 1 only made it here in such limited numbers that even a second hand 2021 mach 1 will set you back over 110k AUD. Fair enough on the value on the Z. I don't really know what it competes with on price over there, but it seems like you guys have a much more competitively priced car market.
Shoot you're on the other side of the pond! Yes for $50k USD in the good ole USofA there are several options for $50k that include mag ride, active exhaust, better handling, faster, etc. We'll see how the Z fairs after the initial hype wears off. Cars are too dang expensive is AUS.