First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
That's eeriely similar.

hold on a second. im putting my scooby doo cap on

is this the same Z? they said this happened 4 weeks ago and are just posting about it now so would explain why these salvage auction is from July.

the char marks in front of the gas cap area look the exact same too me and in the video they took the Z badge off as a souvenir and the rear bumper came off at the scene of the fire.

so is this just has to be the same car and they swapped out the wheels tires > no way two different drag pack cars in white burned in the same manner

D~B440~S0~I4~RW2576~H1932~TH0&width=845&height=633 (1).jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-05 005543.png

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
hold on a second. im putting my scooby doo cap on

is this the same Z? they said this happened 4 weeks ago and are just posting about it now so would explain why these salvage auction is from July.

the char marks in front of the gas cap area look the exact same too me and in the video they took the Z badge off as a souvenir and the rear bumper came off at the scene of the fire.

so is this just has to be the same car and they swapped out the wheels tires > no way two different drag pack cars in white burned in the same manner

D~B440~S0~I4~RW2576~H1932~TH0&width=845&height=633 (1).jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-05 005543.png
The burn marks and everything look remarkably similar but I think the racebox car had a single exit exhaust? Even if it was salvageable, why bother putting another exhaust system back on?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The burn marks and everything look remarkably similar but I think the racebox car had a single exit exhaust? Even if it was salvageable, why bother putting another exhaust system back on?

I mean maybe but that is a hell of a coincidence if so. in racebox's video they did still have the wheel tires from the scene but not sure why they would put this set on for auction unless they sold the stock set up. the burn pattern is what really caught my eye though. would be really crazy if its not the same car and the burns look identical

weird

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean maybe but that is a hell of a coincidence if so. in racebox's video they did still have the wheel tires from the scene but not sure why they would put this set on for auction unless they sold the stock set up. the burn pattern is what really caught my eye though. would be really crazy if its not the same car and the burns look identical

weird
I think you're right, it's too similar to not be the same car. Just weird they'd swap out the exhaust.

It's a good thing if it's the same car, means it is hopefully just a one off thing.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now I think about it, they probably put different wheels and exhaust on it so people couldn't figure out it was their car until they could control the narative. Not a good look when a professional turner's car burns to the ground.

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Now I think about it, they probably put different wheels and exhaust on it so people couldn't figure out it was their car until they could control the narative. Not a good look when a professional turner's car burns to the ground.
Yeah now I'm really starting to wonder lol. Seems like an attempt to save face in the tuner scene.

PriZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'05 G35, '92 G20, '23 Nissan Z
There is one detail that doesn’t add up. In their video they said the car was towed directly to an IAA lot before State Farm took it and they heard nothing for 4 weeks while a fire investigator examined it. If that’s the case, how did they get the chance to swap out the tires and exhaust? In the video they even said they saved the wheels because they wanted to refinish them. I can’t imagine State Farm or IAA putting slicks and aftermarket rims on a junked car. Maybe they got a chance to swap the parts before State Farm took it? Just doesn’t make sense to waste expensive parts on a salvage car if you’re not trying to hide something. I dunno, just doesn’t quite track.

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All in saying is if those burn marks on the quarter panel are the same detailed shape and curvature on both cars then we live in the matrix. Can't explain the rest that doesn't make sense. there are things like the B pillar cover is missing on the auction pic. the Z missing is explained as it is shown in their shop in the youtube video

if you look under the gas lid area to the left there is a little black squiggly crack in the burnt paint both at the scene then at the auction site. the crack lines are identical

Last edited:

PriZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'05 G35, '92 G20, '23 Nissan Z
All in saying is if those burn marks on the quarter panel are the same detailed shape and curvature on both cars then we live in the matrix. Can't explain the rest that doesn't make sense. there are things like the B pillar cover is missing on the auction pic. the Z missing is explained as it is shown in their shop in the youtube video

if you look under the gas lid area to the left there is a little black squiggly crack in the burnt paint both at the scene then at the auction site. the crack lines are identical
Oh yeah no question, that’s definitely the same car. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
What's not a good look is them saying the investigation was "inconclusive" after waiting 4 weeks to say anything. The passenger seat motor thing seems made up.