Racebox's Z burned to the ground

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Sad to see, thankfully everyone is ok. They are putting out a YouTube video tonight I think. Interested to see what happened.

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
That's not good. They don't know for sure what caused it but reckon it was probably electrical and possibly related to the motor that adjusts the passenger seat. They're adament it wasn't related to any modifications they did (though I guess it wouldnt be good for their business if they said it could be...)

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's not good. They don't know for sure what caused it but reckon it was probably electrical and possibly related to the motor that adjusts the passenger seat. They're adament it wasn't related to any modifications they did (though I guess it wouldnt be good for their business if they said it could be...)
Yeah im curious about modifications haha. They modified it quite heavily and Id assume some wiring was done at some point? Cant imagine they didnt touch any electrical at all but maybe im wrong. I also had a thought would they admit if it was their fault? Who knows, maybe they would but it does seem odd. Very concerning if its just a random fire on stock components like a seat, seems insane actually.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Yeah im curious about modifications haha. They modified it quite heavily and Id assume some wiring was done at some point? Cant imagine they didnt touch any electrical at all but maybe im wrong. I also had a thought would they admit if it was their fault? Who knows, maybe they would but it does seem odd. Very concerning if its just a random fire on stock components like a seat, seems insane actually.
Yes, I'd be much more comfortable knowing it was something they did, but can't imagine they'd ever admit it.

It's a bit of a coincidence that the only one to go up in flames is a highly modified one. If we heard about it happening to a stock one I'd be a lot more worried.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO

yeah its being something OEM that burns it to the ground like that would be very concerning. doesnt seem possible that everyones seat switch is a ticking time bomb. just odd since so much of the interior is a carry over from the 370z

I was friends with a big name tuner shop whos GTR NISMO burnt up while on tail of the dragon and their claim was it leaves caused the fire.......... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Jah_Happy

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah its being something OEM that burns it to the ground like that would be very concerning. doesnt seem possible that everyones seat switch is a ticking time bomb

I was friends with a big name tuner shop whos GTR NISMO burnt up while on tail of the dragon and their claim was it leaves caused the fire.......... :rolleyes:
Yeah seems crazy huh? Either we have a VERY SERIOUS fucking recall situation on our hands or there's more to the story haha. My gut tells me some electrical modifications were made along the lines causing an issue. We may never know I guess or maybe we'll be getting letters from Nissan sometime in the future. I have my doubts lol.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
hell even if it was 1% that is like 23 cars and that would be very well known in our community
On one hand, someone could say I was over-exaggerating, but with how few Z's have actually been shipped, I'm not that far off. I think someone posted we only received (USA) 7 Z's last month?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
On one hand, someone could say I was over-exaggerating, but with how few Z's have actually been shipped, I'm not that far off. I think someone posted we only received (USA) 7 Z's last month?
7 sold last week (US), from what I can tell.

Wasn't there another Z fire? I tried to Google it, but came up empty.