2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Anyone else noticed what appears to be a "Z" badge. I'm guessing it will just be called Nissan Z. No numbers this time around.

badgemoved.jpg
Good eye. And I'm thinking the same as well. It makes the most sense to call this new Z exactly what it is, which is a "Z". Also seeing as this new generation is paying homage to all of the past Zs, it's just the best all around name for it.

Also side note, is that little hole next to the emblem a camera or a key hole? When I saw the patent images I thought it was a key hole, but it kind of looks like a camera actually. I'm assuming and praying it's a camera because having a key hole at the trunk is so outdated.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Good eye. And I'm thinking the same as well. It makes the most sense to call this new Z exactly what it is, which is a "Z". Also seeing as this new generation is paying homage to all of the past Zs, it's just the best all around name for it.

Also side note, is that little hole next to the emblem a camera or a key hole? When I saw the patent images I thought it was a key hole, but it kind of looks like a camera actually. I'm assuming and praying it's a camera because having a key hole at the trunk is so outdated.
Hard to tell for sure from the low photo quality, but I want to say it looks more like a camera.

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
It's probably a backup cam.

For those don't know, all new cars sold in the U.S. are now required to have one.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cars-us-now-required-backup-cameras/story?id=54854404

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
That little circle beside the Nissan emblem would probably be the push button to open/lock the hatch. The camera will probably be lower where the license plate would be.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
There's a video out there demonstrating that the Proto's hatch handle was integrated into the Nissan badge itself. There's a pocket underneath to grab and pull to open.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
There's a video out there demonstrating that the Proto's hatch handle was integrated into the Nissan badge itself. There's a pocket underneath to grab and pull to open.
Were you able to find it?

Urajiro

First Name
Moch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Leaked from an undisclosed warehouse in Los Angeles.

More info from @Andaesthetics:

• These pictures and videos were taken in LA. The leaker works at the LA port where the cars arrived.
  • The cars pictured are basically production ready. Some things are probably not 100% but make no mistake this is 99% the finished car. Patent images leaked a month or 2 ago show a lot of what we're seeing in the flesh here (for example the driver assistance sensor in the grille, front and rear sensors on the bumpers, side reflectors, etc. Also notice the air bag warning labels)
  • Take note of the top oval grille shapes now being body color instead of black. Hides that big rectangle shape that was very controversial and personally I like this look much better to be honest.
  • 2 cars were delivered to LA, the silver which is manual and the grey which is automatic.
  • These cars are most likely going to automotive journalist outlets then being toured around the US this summer.

Updated with another video:

Updated with a great look on video:

IMG_3532 (3).JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

Some higher quality screen shots.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg
I’m done for. There’s no way I can’t not buy it....unless you price me out.