DrivingEnthusiast

Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Stillen 'charged G37S, Boss 302
Note that this is clearly a pre-production hand-built prototype... the dashboard fit and finish for example is terrible. and some of those parts of the dash look like temporary smooth plastic.
Next step is to see these driving on the roads... just as we saw prototypes of the 350Z and 370Z driving around in advance (including a hacked up mule of the 370Z made from a 350Z).

Andaesthetics

Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z
Clearing things up for you all.

- These pictures and videos were taken in LA. The leaker works at the LA port where the cars arrived.
- The cars pictured are basically production ready. Some things are probably not 100% but make no mistake this is 99% the finished car. Patent images leaked a month or 2 ago show a lot of what we're seeing in the flesh here (for example the driver assistance sensor in the grille, front and rear sensors on the bumpers, side reflectors, etc. Also notice the air bag warning labels)
- Take note of the top oval grille shapes now being body color instead of black. Hides that big rectangle shape that was very controversial and personally I like this look much better to be honest.
- 2 cars were delivered to LA, the silver which is manual and the grey which is automatic.
- These cars are most likely going to automotive journalist outlets then being toured around the US this summer.

Last edited:

Speedanimal

First Name
Cole
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx8, Xterra
Occupation
Engineer
First off, the car looks great! I agree with others that the banana yellow just wasn’t the color for the nose.

Second...this is a PR nightmare right here. If this guy wasn’t a Nissan employee how they didn’t have somebody watching these this whole time is amazing to me. Sure it essentially looks the same as the proto, but man...now the marketing team has to build hype over something that everyone already knows. Hopefully it doesn’t spoil any sales. Won’t amongst this group obviously, but elsewhere? Tough call.

gymratter

Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
- These cars are most likely going to automotive journalist outlets then being toured around the US this summer.
if journalist are going for test drives in the summer im assuming the unveiling is going to take place pretty soon?

LugNut

First Name
D
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Ah...thanks for the proto comparison...

The dash is clearly missing the upper pad which is making it look janky.

This is a great canvas to start with. Plus, with this motor, the Nismo version can finally say something.

Andaesthetics

Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z
Based on the lastest info from @Andaesthetics, I don't think that was the case.
No definitely not intended. Like I said the leaker is just some car enthusiast that works at the LA port who saw the cars being received.
EDIT: The leaker had his videos and pictures taken down on social media. Nissan definitely didn't want this out.
Isn't that just for JDM Zs?
The "Fairlady" badge is only for Japan Zs. I believe they said this when they first unveiled the Z Proto.
if journalist are going for test drives in the summer im assuming the unveiling is going to take place pretty soon?
I heard the official production unveiling is said to be Fall, however I think Summer is more likely considering the cars are in LA right now.

Like I said the car is basically finished. We can clearly see these are road-going, safety-compliant, cars. The only reason these cars would be in LA right now, is for journalists to test them out and prepare their articles/videos on the car for the official production unveiling.

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
No definitely not intended. Like I said the leaker is just some car enthusiast that works at the LA port who saw the cars being received.
EDIT: The leaker had his videos and pictures taken down on social media. Nissan definitely didn't want this out.
I saw that as well. I hope the poor guy doesn't get fired.

vb22

Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader

The "Fairlady" badge is only for Japan Zs. I believe they said this when they first unveiled the Z Proto.

I heard the official production unveiling is said to be Fall, however I think Summer is more likely considering the cars are in LA right now.

Like I said the car is basically finished. We can clearly see these are road-going, safety-compliant, cars. The only reason these cars would be in LA right now, is for journalists to test them out and prepare their articles/videos on the car for the official production unveiling.
Thanks for the update. I'm assuming he's a buddy of yours?

Are there any upcoming auto shows in the LA area or will Nissan have another digital unveiling?