ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I was hoping that the rear key hole in the patent images wouldn't make it to the car.
It was hidden on the 350z and the 370z. Why put it on the new Z when it was hidden in the emblem on the proto?

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Just updated OP with clearer photos.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Also, very little room for a “400z” badge on the rear deck so am thinking it’s just a Nissan “Z”

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
  1. I figured that the larger, drilled rotors would probably be available as an upcharge factory option
These are the identical brakes to the current Z. And identical suspension architecture.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
Note that this is clearly a pre-production hand-built prototype... the dashboard fit and finish for example is terrible. and some of those parts of the dash look like temporary smooth plastic.
Next step is to see these driving on the roads... just as we saw prototypes of the 350Z and 370Z driving around in advance (including a hacked up mule of the 370Z made from a 350Z).

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Clearing things up for you all.

- These pictures and videos were taken in LA. The leaker works at the LA port where the cars arrived.
- The cars pictured are basically production ready. Some things are probably not 100% but make no mistake this is 99% the finished car. Patent images leaked a month or 2 ago show a lot of what we're seeing in the flesh here (for example the driver assistance sensor in the grille, front and rear sensors on the bumpers, side reflectors, etc. Also notice the air bag warning labels)
- Take note of the top oval grille shapes now being body color instead of black. Hides that big rectangle shape that was very controversial and personally I like this look much better to be honest.
- 2 cars were delivered to LA, the silver which is manual and the grey which is automatic.
- These cars are most likely going to automotive journalist outlets then being toured around the US this summer.

Last edited:

Speedanimal

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx8, Xterra
Occupation
Engineer
First off, the car looks great! I agree with others that the banana yellow just wasn’t the color for the nose.

Second...this is a PR nightmare right here. If this guy wasn’t a Nissan employee how they didn’t have somebody watching these this whole time is amazing to me. Sure it essentially looks the same as the proto, but man...now the marketing team has to build hype over something that everyone already knows. Hopefully it doesn’t spoil any sales. Won’t amongst this group obviously, but elsewhere? Tough call.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
- These cars are most likely going to automotive journalist outlets then being toured around the US this summer.
if journalist are going for test drives in the summer im assuming the unveiling is going to take place pretty soon?