PPF or Ceramic Coating on your new Z?

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Lotion or glove?

PPF and ceramic are different things.
Do you want to avoid rock chips or do you just want an expensive wax?
Ceramic the PPF.

Same post every few months on every car forum

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Both, for ultimate protection. If you can only do one then PPF. Ceramic coating doesn’t stop rock chips.

-RJM

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Do both. If you can afford to PPF the whole car I would, if not at the very least I would PPF the front bumper, hood, and mirrors. Ceramic coat the whole car top to bottom, front to back.

JAMESGSXR23

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Nissan Pathfinder, 23 Z
I just did ppf on the front quarter and ceramic on the rest. Car looks great. I used the same company for a prior car.

OP
OP
Zboy

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
I try to park far away from others to prevent door dings but once in a while, some dbag will come up right next to me despite more than half of the parking lot is empty.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I try to park far away from others to prevent door dings but once in a while, some dbag will come up right next to me despite more than half of the parking lot is empty.
Yep, never fails. Close or far away I always park on an end so that only 1 car can park next to me yet people still do crap like this. I probably should have just given up on that spot 🤦‍♂️ There's 1 ding on my '09 and it's on the roof. I've circled many parking lots/garages and walked countless extra miles to preserve the paint. At least my girlfriend just accepts that I'm going to do it now and no longer bitches about it 😅

1687486316869.png
1687486324426.png
1687486329616.png

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Yep, never fails. Close or far away I always park on an end so that only 1 car can park next to me yet people still do crap like this. I probably should have just given up on that spot 🤦‍♂️ There's 1 ding on my '09 and it's on the roof. I've circled many parking lots/garages and walked countless extra miles to preserve the paint. At least my girlfriend just accepts that I'm going to do it now and no longer bitches about it 😅
These pictures make me irrationally angry :mad:

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These pictures make me irrationally angry :mad:
Yeah, it sucks. I've come to realize that the average person doesn't really give a damn about their car regardless of what they paid for it, so they sure as hell don't care about anyone else's. It's crazy to me considering cars are often the second most expensive thing we own and for some people the first. We didn't really have nice things or extra $ growing up, and for whatever reason I never thought I'd own anything nice, multiple vehicles, etc. so I try to take extra care of the stuff that's important to me.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT

1687486316869.png
1687486324426.png
1687486329616.png
I’d just move to a new town if I lived somewhere with so many double-parking asshats on the road, JC 🤦🏼‍♂️...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’d just move to a new town if I lived somewhere with so many double-parking asshats on the road, JC 🤦🏼‍♂️...
The worst part is this is the parking lot where I worked and I had to see these people every day. I've moved and changed jobs since lol

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Yeah, it sucks. I've come to realize that the average person doesn't really give a damn about their car regardless of what they paid for it, so they sure as hell don't care about anyone else's. It's crazy to me considering cars are often the second most expensive thing we own and for some people the first. We didn't really have nice things or extra $ growing up, and for whatever reason I never thought I'd own anything nice, multiple vehicles, etc. so I try to take extra care of the stuff that's important to me.
This.

I think this is also why I spend so much time researching before I buy. I'm not going to buy a new car every year or two or five. I make sure it's a car I want, and try to take care of it.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
The worst part is this is the parking lot where I worked and I had to see these people every day. I've moved and changed jobs since lol
Ya I’m sure makes for some awkward interactions lol, don’t truly know someone till ya see how they drive 😆