Sponsored

Oil Pressure Solenoid

2Cool

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
81
Reaction score
176
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance
Yeah, that would be great. This was my solution for the time being.

20260715_170831404_iOS.webp


20260715_171543810_iOS.webp
Yep, same thing here since January, no issues so far.
 

2Cool

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Dec 3, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
81
Reaction score
176
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance
how hard is this to reach? I have the block off but I had heard it's in a tight area.
Manual transmission car it is open, two bolts and remove, install blockoff. Auto has an oil cooler in the way, easiest to unbolt and hold that aside while removing the solenoid.
 

Drago86

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
254
Reaction score
273
Location
California
Car(s)
Z
I posted about it here: https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/oil-solenoid-and-p06da-anyone-have-a-pic.9571/post-173564

You can just buy a cheap solenoid from ebay and remove the coil from it to use to stop the CEL. The removed coil is a light, compact sealed plastic ring with a convenient hole through the middle to zip tie it somewhere. alternatively, if you are dead set on never using it again, and have a block-off plate, you could disassemble your stock solenoid.

You get this once diassembled:

1784232872398-no.webp
 

jliuod

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
35
Reaction score
35
Location
USA
Car(s)
2025 Integra Type S. 2026 Nissan Z Performance
Has anyone picked one of these up? Looks like it comes with a cap that prevents a CEL

https://jraccessoriesusa.com/produc...lock-off-plate-q50-q60-nissan-z-jraccessories
I recently did. Was good for one day. Threw a check engine light and the code was the oil solenoid malfunction. I ended up just put a rubber hose with a cap over the stock solenoid and zip tied to the bracket. So far so good. The disappointing part was I email Jraccessories and never received any reply.
 

RHE2026

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
107
Reaction score
68
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Heritage Edition
Is this something that can disabled like the ASE noise maker?
 

haohmaru

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregory
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
197
Reaction score
316
Location
New England
Car(s)
24 Z Perf / 13 WRX
Is this something that can disabled like the ASE noise maker?
Yes, but It's an emissions related CEL, so you'll need a flash, something like ECUTEK can disable it. The tuner I called wouldn't do it because it's an emissions defeat.
 

RHE2026

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
107
Reaction score
68
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Heritage Edition
I can’t believe Nissan engineers didn’t have that fail in the open position. It would be nice see the on off on a scanner. Would you know what it’s abbreviated symbol comes up as?
 
 






Top