• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I think the simple answer would be…ripped off.?

But why do you suppose this will be the case? Surely this would be a suicidal move
Just moves the needle that much further for the Z.

If the new Z Performance model can match or exceed the previous 370Z Nismo, then just wait for what the new Z Nismo could be.

Obviously with 400HP on tap, the new Z will beat the outgoing Nismo in a few metrics.....just gotta see how it is like to drive.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda beater
I told Nissan what i wanted in 09 for my 370z and i got exactly what i wanted. They found the car, they didn’t build it specially for me but they will find what u want if ur patient. I also did this in 2016 with my 4runner. I wanted a special color interior which was very hard to find but they found it for me never the less. Things may be different these days but for the guy that said they won’t build u what u want he’s prolly correct but they usually will find u what u want. That being said if they do come out with a Nismo I’m assuming their pretty much all the same so options won’t be a problem maybe just finding the right color. This would be my first nismo tho so maybe i am wrong about options but i thought nismos all came with the same goodies:)
I special ordered my Acura from the dealership since they didn't have manuals in stock. Took 2 months to arrive from Japan.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
How would y'all feel if the upcoming Performance Z outperforms the outgoing Nismo? I'm not just thinking about 0-60, but roadholding, braking, "feel"...
The 370z Nismo is marginally better than the regular one, so the new Z will for sure outperform it at least on paper. The rest will be the real on track performance and car manners that 99% of the customers wouldn't even know.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
If the new Z Performance model can match or exceed the previous 370Z Nismo, then just wait for what the new Z Nismo could be.

Obviously with 400HP on tap, the new Z will beat the outgoing Nismo in a few metrics.....just gotta see how it is like to drive.
The outgoing Nismo has 350 hp, incoming Z has 400 hp, albeit from a better tunable TT motor. But overall, from the suspension and handling standpoint I really don't see any big improvements, just mild tuning on spring rates, sway bars. It's mostly parts bin in those areas

I'm afraid the new Z won't be that much faster on a road course. It really needs a variant of adaptable suspension and drive modes (ESC, Traction control) to fine-tune the driver's needs. I think my PP2 optioned GT will still kill it on local tracks here. That Magneride is awesome as an OEM offering, also avail on the SS 1LE.

Guess we have to wait on what the Nismo offers...

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
is that the new red we haven't seen yet? don't leave us hangin bro...

also, can anyone see a date on that tire? it could tell us a lot

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Nah, not related at all - I just like how the Nismo wheels look with Brembo brakes....

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
If that's the legit NISMO Z, the new bumpers and side skirts will take some getting used to, but they're not a bad start.

Status
Not open for further replies.