MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Got it. I was only having some fun @therumblewagon. Excited to see what it does.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Don't they already exist, twice? lol

Apparently stock is good enough. Last two years been soo much fun, I feel like an F1 driver with my paddles...🏎

1652675876346.png
DAMN IT BOY! lol - Not gonna lie, I really LOL'd

Sure the Supra is all fun and games now but just give it a couple years - BMW issues will come around.

Any honest BMW owner will tell you the same, at this point that really is the only thing keeping me out of one.

Last edited:

Sereph

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 3.0 Premium
Occupation
Sales
As a Supra owner, I was only ever invested in this "dispute" because when the hate for the Supra started to get real, meaning all the people hating on the BMW involvement, it seemed to be a massive fuel for the fire for the Z fans. All the Keyboard warrior and really biased Z fans kept saying things like, "the new Z is going to smoke the Zupra", it's going to be better in every way", "At least it's going to be 100% Japanese unlike the Zupra", "It's going to be $10,000 cheaper and better"... shit like that. Nice Mercedes Transmission living up to that "100% Nissan/Japanese", but hey, at least it's not 90% German right?

I'm not one to ever be brand biased, I personally think it's kind of ignorant and short sighted. I've personally owned Fords, Nissans, one of which was a 370z for two years of ownership, Hyundai's, and now "BMWyota's", but if you want to be brand biased, to each their own. Someone who proclaims to be a "car guy" or "car enthusiast", in my opinion, should be excited for all new cars and excited to see how every new car pushes the industry further. Instead, what we had on the internet was a shit load of hate towards a new car because it was a partnered endeavor between two of the biggest automotive companies in the world, an endeavor that just so happened to help someone like myself, someone who doesn't make a ton of money, actually afford a new "Zupra", even if it wasn't 100% "heritage built or heritage inspired".

Still to this day we can't watch a video from an Automotive Journalist that doesn't call the Supra a "BMW" in some way or another. I get it, it's 100% true, but there's so much since less negativity regarding this car, and for the life of me, I can not understand it. It's an amazing car to be honest, but as "Zupra owners", we've all had to sit here and listen to keyboard warriors talk trash about something we enjoy ever since the inception of this new Z. I guess no one one ever considered that maybe we were buying the car because it looked good, sounded good, and was fun to drive? I guess we should all be buying cars based on brand and or cultural biases?

To be honest, I love a lot about the new Z. I think the interior design is really cool. I love the rear end, I like the side profile, and when it comes to power delivery, it's a huge step up from the 370z I once owned. The only things I don't really like about the new Z currently is the front end and the OEM wheels. I like how it's inspired by the old school Z's, but something about the front bumper isn't doing it for me quite yet. I need to see one in person for sure.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Some of us who want a Japanese performance car don't give 2 shits or a fuck about your BMW.

I don't get why BMW owners need to join these forums.

BMW has a reputation for building "the ultimate driver's machine" which is a reputation they truly deserve. BMW has been doing it for at least 5 decades, so did anyone ever think a company that has made the Versa, Rogue, Altima.... could really make a car that beats BMW at their own game?

Every so often a Japanese manufacturer will take a swipe at established icons of performance, and with the NSX or GT-R, they'll actually deliver a TKO. Most of the time Japanese manufacturers make a car that performs 90% as well.

I personally never, ever, expected the Z to outperform the BMW Supra.

I also wish that Toyota had modified their Lexus RC and dropped in their own 3.5 TT from the LS and Tundra, and called that the new Supra. That's what I would have bought.

I respect and acknowledge the superior performance of most BMWs. But, I would never own one.

Just absolutely don't care how much some of y'all BMW owners like them. You won't change my mind.
I'm with you there, I Absolutely love the Japanese car engineering and detail. Having lived in Japan a total of 5 years I Lived JDM! I loved being able to run down to Akihabara and pick up Japanese Products, Only Made And Sold In Japan for the Japanese Consumer. I've had some of the coolest gadgets, products, special limited editions of you name it years before they ever hit foreign shores. What I find interesting is in the Z Cars 53 year heritage this is the 1st time the car wasn't engineered strictly for the Japanese Market. This is evidenced by the telescoping steering wheel acknowledging there are taller (Non Japanese) consumers who will be operating the vehicle.

I also agree with you and being some what annoyed with BMW owners coming onto the forums and making un-welcome remarks. Personal preference is what it is and yes, we all work hard, at the end of the day spend your money on what you want. Live your life and be happy, I'm all good with that. But the obvious must be pointed out, Toyota worked with BMW to collaborate on a car in which the end result is a BMW with Toyota badging. I respect the fact they did this, I appreciate the massive amount of engineering effort that went into creating this new BMW sports car. But at the end of the day at it's core, it's soul, its DNA is BMW.

Not All, but seemingly most of our BMW guests on this form seem mean spirited and have a bully like demeanor. I respect your opinions and views of the BMW and your opinions of the Z. I don't agree with them or understand your stance on the Z pertaining to how mean spirited and contrite the opinions might be. Especially when reading comments / opinions on the Supra Forums, never seen such level of disdain simply because their passion lies elsewhere!! Not a good look and quite frankly reinforces the fact of being a Z owner is to be in preferred company . . .

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
As a Supra owner, I was only ever invested in this "dispute" because when the hate for the Supra started to get real, meaning all the people hating on the BMW involvement, it seemed to be a massive fuel for the fire for the Z fans. All the Keyboard warrior and really biased Z fans kept saying things like, "the new Z is going to smoke the Zupra", it's going to be better in every way", "At least it's going to be 100% Japanese unlike the Zupra", "It's going to be $10,000 cheaper and better"... shit like that. Nice Mercedes Transmission living up to that "100% Nissan/Japanese", but hey, at least it's not 90% German right?

I'm not one to ever be brand biased, I personally think it's kind of ignorant and short sighted. I've personally owned Fords, Nissans, one of which was a 370z for two years of ownership, Hyundai's, and now "BMWyota's", but if you want to be brand biased, to each their own. Someone who proclaims to be a "car guy" or "car enthusiast", in my opinion, should be excited for all new cars and excited to see how every new car pushes the industry further. Instead, what we had on the internet was a shit load of hate towards a new car because it was a partnered endeavor between two of the biggest automotive companies in the world, an endeavor that just so happened to help someone like myself, someone who doesn't make a ton of money, actually afford a new "Zupra", even if it wasn't 100% "heritage built or heritage inspired".

Still to this day we can't watch a video from an Automotive Journalist that doesn't call the Supra a "BMW" in some way or another. I get it, it's 100% true, but there's so much since less negativity regarding this car, and for the life of me, I can not understand it. It's an amazing car to be honest, but as "Zupra owners", we've all had to sit here and listen to keyboard warriors talk trash about something we enjoy ever since the inception of this new Z. I guess no one one ever considered that maybe we were buying the car because it looked good, sounded good, and was fun to drive? I guess we should all be buying cars based on brand and or cultural biases?

To be honest, I love a lot about the new Z. I think the interior design is really cool. I love the rear end, I like the side profile, and when it comes to power delivery, it's a huge step up from the 370z I once owned. The only things I don't really like about the new Z currently is the front end and the OEM wheels. I like how it's inspired by the old school Z's, but something about the front bumper isn't doing it for me quite yet. I need to see one in person for sure.
Well Spoken Sir!!

I'm on my 3rd Zee Car but before that only ever owned Toyotas. Silly thing, my wife is from "Toyoda" small town right in the shadow of Nagoya and she's a huge supporter of her "small town" company. They started off doing textiles (huge sheets of cotton) and I've had tea in the original Toyoda building where they got their start when my little brother Eiji was dating the head tour guide there at the Toyoda museum. It's always been Toyoda and changed the spelling on the vehicle badging for the world wide market to "Toyota" when marketing the vehicles . . .

Sereph

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 3.0 Premium
Occupation
Sales
Well Spoken Sir!!

I'm on my 3rd Zee Car but before that only ever owned Toyotas. Silly thing, my wife is from "Toyoda" small town right in the shadow of Nagoya and she's a huge supporter of her "small town" company. They started off doing textiles (huge sheets of cotton) and I've had tea in the original Toyoda building where they got their start when my little brother Eiji was dating the head tour guide there at the Toyoda museum. It's always been Toyoda and changed the spelling on the vehicle badging for the world wide market to "Toyota" when marketing the vehicles . . .
That's a really cool "fun fact" info.

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
BMW issues will come around.

Any honest BMW owner will tell you the same, at this point that really is the only thing keeping me out of one.

^^This^^. Toyota did their part in upping reliability for the engine, which has already been around for 6 years and seems to be fairly reliable even without Toyota input.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1566946 captures the insights of a lot of high mileage B58s -- other than the guy who overboosted his turbo and blew it up, no issues at all.

I really don't get why people still equate BMW reliability to older motors like the N54 and S85 which have long been retired.

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
^^This^^. Toyota did their part in upping reliability for the engine, which has already been around for 6 years and seems to be fairly reliable even without Toyota input.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1566946 captures the insights of a lot of high mileage B58s -- other than the guy who overboosted his turbo and blew it up, no issues at all.

I really don't get why people still equate BMW reliability to older motors like the N54 and S85 which have long been retired.
Chris Liechty is at 75,000 miles on his Supra and honestly I think he's had close to no problems at all. Sure he'll need stuff to repair down the line but he's now in the area of concern(mileage-wise) and still drives the car like it was just broken in.

A lot of it is ignorance. I always say this when I talk to people IRL. Go rent one for a weekend. That's what I did. I bought my Supra 2 days after I returned the rental lol. 9/10 people need to experience for themselves. People talk out of bias WAY too hard to the point where they just ride the opinions of others or past hearings without a real reason to not like something. It's very 5-year old behavior to me lol.

The funniest part about the bmw "joke" is that it's a joke that usually the one telling it has no place using. But then again, it's easy to hate on something if you were never truly interested in it in the first place.😋

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Chris Liechty is at 75,000 miles on his Supra and honestly I think he's had close to no problems at all. Sure he'll need stuff to repair down the line but he's now in the area of concern(mileage-wise) and still drives the car like it was just broken in.

A lot of it is ignorance. I always say this when I talk to people IRL. Go rent one for a weekend. That's what I did. I bought my Supra 2 days after I returned the rental lol. 9/10 people need to experience for themselves. People talk out of bias WAY too hard to the point where they just ride the opinions of others or past hearings without a real reason to not like something. It's very 5-year old behavior to me lol.

The funniest part about the bmw "joke" is that it's a joke that usually the one telling it has no place using. But then again, it's easy to hate on something if you were never truly interested in it in the first place.😋
I've seen people on the other-other supra forum complaining about the fucking bolt-pattern...

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
I've seen people on the other-other supra forum complaining about the fucking bolt-pattern...
Dumb, they can just buy custom made wheels, shoot if they spending $50k on this thing, they can afford $5k+ wheels.

The people I've come across that say the BMW jokes are owners of V6 mustangs and clapped out civics. Everyone else usually loses their shit when they see this car. A lot of people love to instigate races just to see how fast this thing can go knowing they don't stand a chance at times, and I love to put on a good show ;) .