First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Yes, why didnt Toyota use a Toyota engine for a once legendary car?

They could have. But development of and recouping the costs a brand new engine series would have put the price of the Supra well above 100k They wanted it to be "affordable"
Bmw exchanged engine in return for Toyota EV tech.

The Famous "twins" are a recent example of auto manufacturers sharing It is nothing new

Part of the reason that the new Z is affordable is because Nissan is using an already paid for platform and engine.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Genuinely asking, how long have you had yours and what issues have you experienced with it so far?
I've had mine for coming up on 3 years now. Mechanically, I had the seal on the rear diff replaced probably within the first 6 months to a year somewhere but nothing since then. No oil burn\leak issues, etc etc etc. Throttle can be odd sometimes, not sure if its just a traction control issue - I haven't experienced this one in a while tho and the car has a couple of recalls w\ a flash so maybe they patched that issue.

Electronically, it once told me that the forward sensors were not working for about 3 minutes and then never did it again (except when the front end was covered in snow...).

The most annoying part of ownership for me is that the dealers over here only have 1 trained 'Supra Tech' & they never work on the fuckin' weekend... Although there is someone over on the other forum who actually gets it serviced at a beemer dealer or shop.

Last edited:

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Genuinely asking, how long have you had yours and what issues have you experienced with it so far?
Hey, 2 years coming into August. Zero issues. I had the infamous low oil light a couple times, I change oil every 5k miles. Toyota techs never touch my car, I only service at BMW. The oem sound system is really bad, but there's a cheap fix for that, though I went all out with aftermarket. The wind buffeting can be fixed for $10 or more if your fancy. Only other issues are the amount dicks this car attracks and kids in shit boxes or V6 mustangs saying nice BMW.

Last edited:

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Last edited:

Gobby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Hey, 2 years coming into August. Zero issues. I had the infamous low oil light a couple times, I change oil every 5k miles. Toyota techs never touch my car, I only service at BMW. The oem sound system is really bad, but there's a cheap fix for that, though I went all out with aftermarket. The wind buffeting can be fixed for $10 or more if your fancy. Only other issues are the amount dicks this car attacks and kids in shit boxes or V6 mustangs saying nice BMW.
I have a garage that does all my car sound systems since I really like my music done right, the wind buffeting isn't an issue for me because I never roll down my windows.

As for the elitards, I couldn't give less of a fuck. My car, my enjoyment. As long as its a fun sports car that doesn't constantly throw issues like if it was some jeep then it's good enough for me.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Some of us who want a Japanese performance car don't give 2 shits or a fuck about your BMW.

I don't get why BMW owners need to join these forums.

BMW has a reputation for building "the ultimate driver's machine" which is a reputation they truly deserve. BMW has been doing it for at least 5 decades, so did anyone ever think a company that has made the Versa, Rogue, Altima.... could really make a car that beats BMW at their own game?

Every so often a Japanese manufacturer will take a swipe at established icons of performance, and with the NSX or GT-R, they'll actually deliver a TKO. Most of the time Japanese manufacturers make a car that performs 90% as well.

I personally never, ever, expected the Z to outperform the BMW Supra.

I also wish that Toyota had modified their Lexus RC and dropped in their own 3.5 TT from the LS and Tundra, and called that the new Supra. That's what I would have bought.

I respect and acknowledge the superior performance of most BMWs. But, I would never own one.

Just absolutely don't care how much some of y'all BMW owners like them. You won't change my mind.

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Some of us who want a Japanese performance car don't give 2 shits or a fuck about your BMW.

I don't get why BMW owners need to join these forums.

BMW has a reputation for building "the ultimate driver's machine" which is a reputation they truly deserve. BMW has been doing it for at least 5 decades, so did anyone ever think a company that has made the Versa, Rogue, Altima.... could really make a car that beats BMW at their own game?

Every so often a Japanese manufacturer will take a swipe at established icons of performance, and with the NSX or GT-R, they'll actually deliver a TKO. Most of the time Japanese manufacturers make a car that performs 90% as well.

I personally never, ever, expected the Z to outperform the BMW Supra.

I also wish that Toyota had modified their Lexus RC and dropped in their own 3.5 TT from the LS and Tundra, and called that the new Supra. That's what I would have bought.

I respect and acknowledge the superior performance of most BMWs. But, I would never own one.

Just absolutely don't care how much some of y'all BMW owners like them. You won't change my mind.
I thought we were having fun here. Sorry to have caused any hurt. I joined cause I want Z too. Just passing the time, but to be fair you guys started it. :p

Also it's not like they made it hard for us to venture over.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 12.07.44 PM.png

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Don't they already exist, twice? lol

Apparently stock is good enough. Last two years been soo much fun, I feel like an F1 driver with my paddles...🏎
Awesome. Now with a manual Supra coming, you can trade in your auto for a manual and feel like a man 🤠

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
Just the fact both these cars exist again at the same time is exciting. The superiority shit is fun for competition and potential IRL action but I truly hope some of you aren't really that serious about car preference 😂

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?