Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
If I was to get a Supra, I prefer the 2021+ which has different B58 engine than the 2020. like 99% of the major components are not interchangeable. I bet the 2020 engine, with the intermediate shaft, will plague like the Porsche M96/M97 engine. In fact Porsche in 2009 pretty much copied the design with single timing change from Subaru H6.

So the 2023 Supra MT will be golden.

2020 B58B30C
2021+ B58B30O1
6-B58-B46TU-B58TU-difference-timing-chain-drive-lg.jpg

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
If I was to get a Supra, I prefer the 2021+ which has different B58 engine than the 2020. like 99% of the major components are not interchangeable. I bet the 2020 engine, with the intermediate shaft, will plague like the Porsche M96/M97 engine. In fact Porsche in 2009 pretty much copied the design with single timing change from Subaru H6.

So the 2023 Supra MT will be golden.

2020 B58B30C
2021+ B58B30O1
6-B58-B46TU-B58TU-difference-timing-chain-drive-lg.jpg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
This is a Z forum so I expect all comments to be Z biased.

But the truth is the GR Supra is and will continue to be a great car. This whole perception that Car Culture doesn’t accept it is nonsense. I get positive comments and people wanting a closer look every time I drive mine. The Supra is on its 3rd year and it still gets the looks.

I want a new Z and hope that the 2nd year model will offer a $45K Sport with an LSD and bigger brakes. Its a very promising car that just needs a middle ground price point for consumers.

-RJM

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

But the truth is the GR Supra is and will continue to be a great car. This whole perception that Car Culture doesn’t accept it is nonsense. I get positive comments and people wanting a closer look every time I drive mine. The Supra is on its 3rd year and it still gets the looks.

I want a new Z and hope that the 2nd year model will offer a $45K Sport with an LSD and bigger brakes. Its a very promising car that just needs a middle ground price point for consumers.

-RJM
I'm not a fan of the look of the MkV, but also know that I'm in the minority on that. Opinions on car forums and the internet are a small % of reality and people tend to feel or express themselves pretty strongly one way or the other most of the time. It's a great, beast of a car and I have no doubt that like you, pretty much everyone else who owns one gets nothing but compliments in person.

If you own either of these cars then you're probably doing something right, but I love that some people are shooting to own both at the same time🤘

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

-RJM
Well it is a Zee Car forum so some comments will be biased.

Without Question the BMW Supra is an amazing car and truthfully there is no 'Real' Negatives with that vehicle model. No Manual Trans, it looks (insert opinion here) blah blah blah it's all subjective to the eye of the beholder and nothing just mentioned could be construed as an actual negative.

The most common opine being the Price as the biggest pain point with either car.

Get either or don't that's on the individual, when it comes to possession in life if someone really wants something, I mean REALLY wants something they'll bust ass and not stop until they get it. A Si Es La Vida, Que No??

I can't wait to get my new Zee and get out and have fun with it.

I Don't Give 2 Shets What You Drive - But I will say I'm Looking forward to meeting up with some like minded individuals who share the same passion for their vehicle as I do with the Zee . . .

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I've said it before, and I'll say it again—I'm just grateful we have options like these. And now, with the 6-speed en route (pricing in July, possible "late summer" availability) as mentioned over here, I am thrilled for our community.

It definitely feels like a dig at Nissan, but honestly, good on you Toyota for lighting a fire. Competition breeds success, and we will all be better for it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'd be way less cynical of the BMW had Toyota and BMW opted to only use the "Supra" branding and removed any and all false Toyota logos.
Or, rekindle Scion and sell it under that brand.

Kinda like they "allow" BMW to build a bad-ass car and use the Supra name.

Also, if BMW sold the Supra under their own branding, I'd be 100% cool with the car. Just can't get over the false badges.

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
Also, if BMW sold the Supra under their own branding, I'd be 100% cool with the car. Just can't get over the false badges.
Have you heard of the Z4?