nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
Do these guys have something personal against the the new Z or Nissan? Is it because they were refused to turn traction off and do drifts/donuts in the car? lol. I wouldn't believe it if they hadn't already displayed such behavior in the past with other brands/cars.
A few things are odd with these Canadian reviews and most of the complaints come from Throttle house. First of all, the race. Thomas is by far the better driver between the two and we are yet to see him behind the wheel of the Z in any of these drag races. These are manual cars and James being the Yuri of this duo, can barely shift a manual to save his life. And even then, you pit the new Z against a Nismo 370Z which is not too far behind in horsepower numbers and weighs a little less and complain about Zs power even when it wins every time. ??? If there is one thing Nissan got right with this car is its power. So how come these guys are the only ones that keep attacking it? Oh and also, James has been the only reviewer so far to trash the brakes in the new Z. James from Hagerty praised them, savagegeese were happy with them and pretty much everyone else.

I don't want to blindly defend a car I've never driven, I'm just pointing out that something is not right with these Canadian reviews. Maybe a banged up press car with worn out brakes and a dud of a transmission being passed around for these reviews(seems like it could be the same Yellow Z Performance that thestraightpipes drove as well), maybe personal bias from these guys or who knows what. I don't know. But somehow the critiques coming out of Canada for the new Z are not analogous with the rest of the world.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The plate numbers were different on the SP and TH review cars, they were not the same vehicle.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
they are not the only ones complaining, and i would trust the complaining ones much more than the asslicking ones, unless theres some clear bias. i dunno how power is the strongest part here lol, so far Z lost dragrace to any competition unfortunately. also here telemetry showing same straight line acceleration same as ~240hp BRZ, which is kinda crazy so i can fully inderstand the frustration. my hope is those are some early production issues that will be fixed later by either software fixes or aftermarket solutions

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I was watching this and expecting it to lose to the 370

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
It doesn't have to obliterate its competition when it comes to power to consider it a strong suit. The car on its own, outside of a comparison with other cars has plenty of power and I'm pretty sure its been one of the highlights of the remake of the new Z. It was never gonna beat a B58 + ZF8 or any of the V8s its being compared to we all knew that, but the power was never the letdown of this car in my eyes. There are things about this car that again, even if put it outside of a comparison with other cars, are still bad. Like the supersoft suspension, the exhaust, its weight, tires, etc. But come on, it was never the consensus that the power this thing is putting out as "not enough".

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
i guess price is the key here. the performance trim is just a bit cheaper while significantly slower, im not even talking about other aspects. as for b58 comparison, its 335-382hp while the Z was pitched as 400hp, so why exactly we should have never expected the Z to beat it?..

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I love the updated Z, and will be buying one in a couple years or so, to join alongside my black 370, which this video proves is still a better looking car than the updated Z.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Do these guys have something personal against the the new Z or Nissan? Is it because they were refused to turn traction off and do drifts/donuts in the car? lol. I wouldn't believe it if they hadn't already displayed such behavior in the past with other brands/cars.
A few things are odd with these Canadian reviews and most of the complaints come from Throttle house. First of all, the race. Thomas is by far the better driver between the two and we are yet to see him behind the wheel of the Z in any of these drag races. These are manual cars and James being the Yuri of this duo, can barely shift a manual to save his life. And even then, you pit the new Z against a Nismo 370Z which is not too far behind in horsepower numbers and weighs a little less and complain about Zs power even when it wins every time. ??? If there is one thing Nissan got right with this car is its power. So how come these guys are the only ones that keep attacking it? Oh and also, James has been the only reviewer so far to trash the brakes in the new Z. James from Hagerty praised them, savagegeese were happy with them and pretty much everyone else.

I don't want to blindly defend a car I've never driven, I'm just pointing out that something is not right with these Canadian reviews. Maybe a banged up press car with worn out brakes and a dud of a transmission being passed around for these reviews(seems like it could be the same Yellow Z Performance that thestraightpipes drove as well), maybe personal bias from these guys or who knows what. I don't know. But somehow the critiques coming out of Canada for the new Z are not analogous with the rest of the world.
I think this is your answer. The Z is priced almost $7K more than the Nismo 370z but performs only slightly better. And we know no one will be getting a Performance Z for $52K so the price gap is even bigger.

I think Thomas driving the 370z and James in the Z better represents the population group. The 370z owners will be the more experienced drivers vs the people with the deeper pockets buying the Z for taking them to their steamed yoga class.

-RJM

6F88D035-9521-4AF1-82E8-FA32AAC0A970.jpeg

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
It doesn't have to obliterate its competition when it comes to power to consider it a strong suit. The car on its own, outside of a comparison with other cars has plenty of power and I'm pretty sure its been one of the highlights of the remake of the new Z. It was never gonna beat a B58 + ZF8 or any of the V8s its being compared to we all knew that, but the power was never the letdown of this car in my eyes. There are things about this car that again, even if put it outside of a comparison with other cars, are still bad. Like the supersoft suspension, the exhaust, its weight, tires, etc. But come on, it was never the consensus that the power this thing is putting out as "not enough".
I'm not into max power, but the suspension might be an issue, or at least something to try out.

But beyond any perf aspects, for me it has basically come to the point for any of these new vehicles - easy low aggravation availability is the key. I won't burn time hunting for one, begging some company to take my money, or putting up with dealer price shenanigans.

So if this Z situation drags out as an expensive aggravating Easter egg hunt - no deal. Not participating in aggravating situations has become high on my list of rules.

Last edited:

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
Seems like a lot of guys don’t want to admit the car is an overpriced piece of garbage that Nissan has thrown together from a parts bin and trying to pass on to their customers for a premium to save their company from bankruptcy. I’ve owned new Nissan’s with updated interior, I sat in a new Z and went for a test drive and felt the underperforming suspension.. I witnessed the seat unable to retract to full back without rubbing the roof… the reviews are honest for a $70k Canadian sports car that underperforms. Toyota knocked it out of the water with the new brz and Nissan should of stuck this right between but they went for the supra and unfortunately can’t match it.
If the looks and daily driving are what you want it for then it’s great and an amazing car.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Regardless of how the new Z would perform against the 370z - I believe no one here is going to think when it comes to potential for power - its with the 370z over a twin turbo Z. I have said in previous posts that while I don’t believe I’ll get a new Z bc the more reviews I see the more I am underwhelmed by it; but at the same time, I feel that instead of twin turbo my current ride - it probably makes more sense to get the new Z and try to fix some of the shortcomings.

Anyway - like others have said - the TH reviews are a bit surprising how much they don’t like the new Z yet SavageGeese was a big fan of it - and I always got the feeling he disliked the 370z so much.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Regardless of how the new Z would perform against the 370z - I believe no one here is going to think when it comes to potential for power - its with the 370z over a twin turbo Z. I have said in previous posts that while I don’t believe I’ll get a new Z bc the more reviews I see the more I am underwhelmed by it; but at the same time, I feel that instead of twin turbo my current ride - it probably makes more sense to get the new Z and try to fix some of the shortcomings.

Anyway - like others have said - the TH reviews are a bit surprising how much they don’t like the new Z yet SavageGeese was a big fan of it - and I always got the feeling he disliked the 370z so much.
Your being a Nismo 370Z owner, good points! Two different motors, NA vs TT, the VR30 has so much potential we just haven't seen much yet, esp now that it's in the Z. The chassis, though is pretty much the same as we all know. Have you done enough mods to it - coilovers, swaybars, tires, etc? The Z will be tons more capable with those similar proven upgrades. Some, like Z1, have put out 2023 Z stuff.