DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Seems like a lot of guys don’t want to admit the car is an overpriced piece of garbage that Nissan has thrown together from a parts bin and trying to pass on to their customers for a premium to save their company from bankruptcy. I’ve owned new Nissan’s with updated interior, I sat in a new Z and went for a test drive and felt the underperforming suspension.. I witnessed the seat unable to retract to full back without rubbing the roof… the reviews are honest for a $70k Canadian sports car that underperforms. Toyota knocked it out of the water with the new brz and Nissan should of stuck this right between but they went for the supra and unfortunately can’t match it.
If the looks and daily driving are what you want it for then it’s great and an amazing car.
Where on earth did you test drive the new Z?

I tend to agree that at ~$70k CAD OTD in Ontario vs. a GR86 at ~$40k OTD the added value isn't there. If I was seeking a plush GT for long highway trips I'd be more inclined to eat the cost difference, but as a sportscar...

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
Where on earth did you test drive the new Z?

I tend to agree that at ~$70k CAD OTD in Ontario vs. a GR86 at ~$40k OTD the added value isn't there. If I was seeking a plush GT for long highway trips I'd be more inclined to eat the cost difference, but as a sportscar...
St Catherine’s Nissan, has the only one on order and pulled out afterwards because of the fit and finish and the test drive proved the car needs a lot of work! Plus I drove a new brz and was blown away for 40k
The looks and 400hp definitely are what’s carrying this car!
I’d be surprised if they sell many in canada at $70k and 7-9% interest …

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Your being a Nismo 370Z owner, good points! Two different motors, NA vs TT, the VR30 has so much potential we just haven't seen much yet, esp now that it's in the Z. The chassis, though is pretty much the same as we all know. Have you done enough mods to it - coilovers, swaybars, tires, etc? The Z will be tons more capable with those similar proven upgrades. Some, like Z1, have put out 2023 Z stuff.
I agree with this. Right now I have Fast Intentions CBE and HFCs along with Z1 intakes - got it tuned at Jotech and its making about 320WHP. I like it but it could use more ‘power’ - hence the reason why the new Z is intriguing. As for coilovers and and sways - that is actually next on the list - would love to go with some FortuneAutos along with a sway to make it handle even tighter than it does. I will admit - they did a good job with the suspension on the Nismo - it handles great out of the box but I don’t look to track it - just like to find rounds that i can push it.

The other part of things for me is do i continue to mod it knowing I might look to get a slightly used Z after a few years?

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
i guess price is the key here. the performance trim is just a bit cheaper while significantly slower, im not even talking about other aspects. as for b58 comparison, its 335-382hp while the Z was pitched as 400hp, so why exactly we should have never expected the Z to beat it?..
Because BMW being BMW severely underrates the power their engines make. The B58 with the ZF8 have been dynoed by a lot of people and its consistently putting out over 400 hp TO THE WHEELS. Stock. It's truly this generations 2JZ and if powertrain is the priority for you then objectively the Supra is impossible to beat at this pricepoint (yes I know the Supra is more expensive but its still better value per dollar if you have the money). The moment it was announced the Z would carry the VR30 under its hood everyone knew it was not gonna outrun the Supra weighing at over 3500 pounds so the Z vs Supra reviews never surprised me.
What kept me interested in the Z however and why I'm still looking to buy one is that reviewers I actually care about have praised the Z for bringing back the classic sports car feel and that with some suspension tweaks and tire upgrades this would be a joy to drive. And I don't mean destroy the supra on track cause that will never happen without serious upgrades, but to put a smile on your face because you're driving the last internal combustion engine Z while rowing your own gears.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
They always talked a bit about the Z. I think their fanbase likes them too. They're just very disappointed with the new Z like many are. Nissan needs this feedback. These guys have turned the horse into glue now, which is fine. It's such a beautiful car, the last ICE Z, and Nissan whiffed on a bunt, as they certainly weren't even swinging for the fences on this one.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like a lot of guys don’t want to admit the car is an overpriced piece of garbage that Nissan has thrown together from a parts bin and trying to pass on to their customers for a premium to save their company from bankruptcy. I’ve owned new Nissan’s with updated interior, I sat in a new Z and went for a test drive and felt the underperforming suspension.. I witnessed the seat unable to retract to full back without rubbing the roof… the reviews are honest for a $70k Canadian sports car that underperforms. Toyota knocked it out of the water with the new brz and Nissan should of stuck this right between but they went for the supra and unfortunately can’t match it.
If the looks and daily driving are what you want it for then it’s great and an amazing car.
Jealous you got to drive one. Based on your assessment its on par with the people not wearing beer goggles.

-RJM
Because BMW being BMW severely underrates the power their engines make. The B58 with the ZF8 have been dynoed by a lot of people and its consistently putting out over 400 hp TO THE WHEELS. Stock. It's truly this generations 2JZ and if powertrain is the priority for you then objectively the Supra is impossible to beat at this pricepoint (yes I know the Supra is more expensive but its still better value per dollar if you have the money). The moment it was announced the Z would carry the VR30 under its hood everyone knew it was not gonna outrun the Supra weighing at over 3500 pounds so the Z vs Supra reviews never surprised me.
What kept me interested in the Z however and why I'm still looking to buy one is that reviewers I actually care about have praised the Z for bringing back the classic sports car feel and that with some suspension tweaks and tire upgrades this would be a joy to drive. And I don't mean destroy the supra on track cause that will never happen without serious upgrades, but to put a smile on your face because you're driving the last internal combustion engine Z while rowing your own gears.
I would be happy to row my own gears in a Z. But not at the $60K+ price tag.

-RJM

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
I would be happy to row my own gears in a Z. But not at the $60K+ price tag.

-RJM
Totally fair. But brand new sports cars are emotional purchases for people who frankly have money to spend. And I'm not gonna discount the car I dreamt of as a kid because its 0.2 seconds behind a car that's $10k CAD more expensive. I'm no wannabe racer, pushing this thing on a track every weekend, I just want a Z that delivers enough for the average driver to enjoy it on the road.
Is it more expensive than I expected? Yes. Is there a better sports car for less than that without serious compromises? All things considered, I can't think of one that's brand new. And GR86 while being great at what it does, is not the answer for many of its obvious shortcomings.