jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
It works with your postal code, lists all the cars. Not with Ontario postal codes.
How do you know it includes ones from late dec/early jan? I know there was a proto from Jan at a dealer but it's not on the list.
Cuz there is protos still listed from the first allocation near my area

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I contacted a dealership close-ish me. They recently had a listing pop up on the Nissan Canada website using the search function, so I reached out to them.

The dealer told me the listing is legit, and the car is sold, and was a "pre-order"

Now, the real confusing thing. My dealership now has a listing for a black sport model on the Nissan Canada website. Nothing on the dealerships website, nor social media support that. But, my order was the first in their system in January 2022. So, there's no way the other dealers listing was a pre-order, unless it was a .. put your name on a list kind of system they worked off of.

I reached out to my dealer to find out wtf, you got a black sport, and a white performance, before the orders from 2022?

This rollout is all too confusing.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I contacted a dealership close-ish me. They recently had a listing pop up on the Nissan Canada website using the search function, so I reached out to them.

The dealer told me the listing is legit, and the car is sold, and was a "pre-order"

Now, the real confusing thing. My dealership now has a listing for a black sport model on the Nissan Canada website. Nothing on the dealerships website, nor social media support that. But, my order was the first in their system in January 2022. So, there's no way the other dealers listing was a pre-order, unless it was a .. put your name on a list kind of system they worked off of.

I reached out to my dealer to find out wtf, you got a black sport, and a white performance, before the orders from 2022?

This rollout is all too confusing.
I'm guessing these are still "demo" cars. And that dealer got a car that matched one of their preorders so they sold it to them.

Hoping the next round are for actual preordered cars.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm guessing these are still "demo" cars. And that dealer got a car that matched one of their preorders so they sold it to them.

Hoping the next round are for actual preordered cars.
That's kind of my thoughts as well. A second wave of the "first batch" to roll out as "demos", which is kind of sad. Shipping out a couple hundred cars just for show/sell off randomly, when there's so many people waiting on their initial orders/reservations.

I still find it strange, that no one who holds a "reservation" from that online system has heard any word on their cars. Whether it being built, allocation to build, shipped, in transit or anything.

I'm starting to get a funny feeling we may be waiting until 2024. Almost unacceptable at this point. I wish Nissan can prove us wrong, and start delivering. The silence is deafening.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My dealer just got back to me, he said the black car just showed up 2 days ago, and it was a pre-order.. Which makes me confused, because again, I believe I was the first in their doors to put some cash down for a Z. A week later, they were able to input an order through the system.

He said he is waiting to hear back any info about the other pre-orders, and has no idea how or who's determining what car shows up when..

Maybe.. since there was so few cars on shore, they just shipped them out randomly to the dealerships with matching orders based on what was on that shipment

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
My dealer just got back to me, he said the black car just showed up 2 days ago, and it was a pre-order.. Which makes me confused, because again, I believe I was the first in their doors to put some cash down for a Z. A week later, they were able to input an order through the system.

He said he is waiting to hear back any info about the other pre-orders, and has no idea how or who's determining what car shows up when..

Maybe.. since there was so few cars on shore, they just shipped them out randomly to the dealerships with matching orders based on what was on that shipment
Then shouldn't that black one be yours then, if you were the first? Unless it doesn't match the colour/trim you ordered.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
well there goes the inventory search back to where it was again.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Then shouldn't that black one be yours then, if you were the first? Unless it doesn't match the colour/trim you ordered.
Doesn't match the colour or trim I ordered. The other dealership reached back to me and said that was their very first ever order and it just came in. So he was kinda like fingers crossed the rest of these early orders shouldnt be too far behind.

My dealer told me the online inventory thing is kind of bugged, because it shows it as inventory available whether it was a pre order /sold unit or not, he's like it's a very bad system haha

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Doesn't match the colour or trim I ordered. The other dealership reached back to me and said that was their very first ever order and it just came in. So he was kinda like fingers crossed the rest of these early orders shouldnt be too far behind.

My dealer told me the online inventory thing is kind of bugged, because it shows it as inventory available whether it was a pre order /sold unit or not, he's like it's a very bad system haha
For sure they’re getting random cars and don’t have a say. The pre orders were all bs imo.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Called another dealership today that had another listing come online. She told me the way their system works, it is pretty smart, but not fool proof.

Any cars that arrive from Nissan are automatically added to their inventory website, and listed as stock for sale. It saves them the hassle. But, with the Z. Since every car that is inbound is spoken for so the listings go online too. Making it a little confusing

She told me the car they got a few days ago was actually a customer ordered car that went off for approval back in and around January of 22 as well. They weren't informed about it's delivery, she said it just came in off the truck, and they contacted the person with that placed order to pick up their car.

She said that the order banks are still closed and have been closed since 2022, and she has a massive wait list of people to call back if and when they are finally able to place orders again.

She said every car they will be getting in is not a stock unit, they're pre-sold.

She said they also have a Proto on hand, but its registered to the dealership (was their demo from Xmas time) she said that is definitely NOT for sale any time soon, as they will not be able to receive any more cars for themselves for a very long time. So they're keeping it as a dealer car.

She said with any luck any of the incoming cars now should be for those who've had orders placed with their dealerships,..

I guess it really could be any time.. We just need more cars to start being transported around from where ever they are hiding

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
wonder if we will hit a year and half since deposits until anybody sees their cars.

I find it amusing that Nissan Canada took order's and somehow thought it made more sense to ship non ordered cars first rather than make a customer's already ordered car. this leads me to believe the entire order system was a complete scam/joke. it was simply a tool used by nissan canada to gauge interest from the public imo. I still have mine ordered but will be cancelling when i get the call.... absolutely no way I will support this company ever again.