Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Apparently, there is dealer mark ups in Canada?
One sales rep in Ontario called me and said their proto spec is available but text me that I can have it for 100k! I said you have advertised for 69,999. He said we can as long as you are aware of the MSRP and price not advertised. Then I shown him the ad and now saying they are not gonna sell it and removed the ad lol.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Apparently, there is dealer mark ups in Canada?
One sales rep in Ontario called me and said their proto spec is available but text me that I can have it for 100k! I said you have advertised for 69,999. He said we can as long as you are aware of the MSRP and price not advertised. Then I shown him the ad and now saying they are not gonna sell it and removed the ad lol.
The pre sale in Aus means we have all signed contractsā€¦canā€™t sell over MSRP
As to the post before about prices coming downā€¦thatā€™s the clearest sign that dealerships are aware that stock is about to start filtering in if ever I have seen it

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Is that actually the MSRP for a Sport in CA?

Or is that "dealer MSRP" just another made up number to fool buyers into thinking there's no markup? Lol šŸ˜†
Nope msrp is 46,500 without freight so include that would b $48,500 cad. These guys are clearly way over still

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Nope msrp is 46,500 without freight so include that would b $48,500 cad. These guys are clearly way over still
Thats what I figured. The level of deception some of these dealers stoop to never ceases to amaze šŸ˜Œ, it sure takes a ā€œspecialā€ skillset I suppose.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No new updates heading into February, while usa are getting full vins with shipping dates included. Any fellow canadians have a deadline to when they are officially out or cross shopping? Over a year since deposit and nothing to show for other than randomly sending dealerships zā€™s with defects.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
No new updates heading into February, while usa are getting full vins with shipping dates included. Any fellow canadians have a deadline to when they are officially out or cross shopping? Over a year since deposit and nothing to show for other than randomly sending dealerships zā€™s with defects.
If my pre order came in with a build date of
If my pre order came in with a build date of Mar/Apr 2022 I would not take it, I think there is going to be other issues with these build dates

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Yeah, I'm not sure if the pre orders will be that early of build dates. The one recently seen on Facebook showed a pretty recent date, and the VIN was in the 311 range, now we'll passed the 310---. It appears as though they are building and shipping cars at the moment. Just kind of like the above, I'm not sure why there hasn't been any communication as to when to expect these pre orders or reservations. No shock though, this entire process has been awkwardly quiet. One year for me too since my order was placed haha.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
this is how they get around mark ups. Not only are you going to significantly over pay for the car ā€¦ but you will also be the second owner! This is at Kitchener Nissan
EF1ECAE6-15FC-492B-9E2C-01457819E2A9.jpeg

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Autotrader has some listed way over to about 90k. It aint illegal unless they list the price as is, but if they listed it at msrp and when you hit the door they switched the price on you which is illegal. All in pricing law or whatever it is just seems like a slap on the wrist

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Maybe they offer to roll in and finance in an additional 10k in your auto loan ? Easy 10k cash money now !!! (pay 20 back in interest over the 8 year term) Lol
I'm not Canadian, so don't know what offers are available....

But in USA I have heard that dealerships will intentionally mark up a vehicle that is eligible for cash back incentive, they trick or find a willing customer who'll basically just turn over their incentive to the dealership