First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 350Z track, '06 350Z SCCA touring racecar
Occupation
Freelance automotive journalist
I wouldn't get too excited. Reading that interview makes it clear the R36 remains in the planning stage. This means it could be as little as three years to as long as another six before we actually see a pre-production model. Cost will be extremely high for such a limited production model.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Well I have my hope, if it becomes full EV and reachable pricing, I.e under $150K, that would be next step up after my last ICE Z.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
So the source of the article is Autocar. They have been known to not have the most accurate reporting. When I get the chance I'll look up some of the stuff they were saying in the past when it came to the new Z.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Better but the rest still chunky, looks like an LFA front end. A total redesign is needed. The bad aero is why the SuperGT team is now excited about using the new Z, much lower sleeker front end, for the upcoming season.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
Better but the rest still chunky, looks like an LFA front end. A total redesign is needed. The bad aero is why the SuperGT team is now excited about using the new Z, much lower sleeker front end, for the upcoming season.
I don't mind the r35. I like it quite a bit better than the 2020 future gt concept. I've seen that in person, and while everything about it is impressive, it's not in line with the design language for the R3x

Is bad aero really that important when you make enough power to overcome the hand of God? The GT-R is handicapped by Super GT rules, that doesn't make it any less of an amazing machine . The GT-R looks dated and its definitely due for a redesign, but I personally really enjoy the Japanese muscle car look over it shifting into some sort of hypercar territory.

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://www.motor1.com/news/579847/nissan-wants-electric-sports-car/

Internal talks about an electric GT-R are underway.

As to which shape an exciting EV would take, François Bailly told Autocar there are internal discussions about an electric GT-R: "In the end, it will be a prioritization so, yes, we're looking at it. We're all car people, right?" While a Godzilla with solid-state batteries is a definite maybe, Nissan has been awfully quiet about what comes after the R35. The current gen is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2022, so a replacement can't come soon enough.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Probably gonna pack the performance that commands such a high price, though. The new Godzilla slaying them fast electric cars.