Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Its crazy what a reworked front and rear can do to a car. With the Z getting the retro treatment I hope something similar is going to happen with the next GTR. I think the best looking model was the R34 and this independent project sure does hit all the marks.

@Dan_Passe, any info on the next GTR?

Back on topic, the one by Avanté Design looks way better than the renderings from that Japanese magazine.
Yeah that thing looks like crap lol...

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'll take that Avanté Design, great render, pays homage to the R34 heritage with that front end. Rear looks seriously awesome too, not too chunky. Side profile can be reworked to slim it down a little, still too much slab sided R35 I think.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I'll take that Avanté Design, great render, pays homage to the R34 heritage with that front end. Rear looks seriously awesome too, not too chunky. Side profile can be reworked to slim it down a little, still too much slab sided R35 I think.
If what @Houston.RZ34 says is true I don't think Nissan will rework the roofline and pillars from the R35 as seen with the RZ34.

OP
OP
gymratter

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
im not a GTR expert but i read that the R35 was originally going to be based on FM/G35 coupe before getting scrapped in favor of a new PM platform.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hagerty - GT-R successor will be a Nismo hybrid

Intake: It’s still a few years away, but the Nissan GT-R will be replaced by a hybrid sports car from Nismo, according to a report from the U.K.’s Autocar. Nismo CEO Takao Katagiri told the publication, “We are going to introduce a very exciting model under the Nismo brand.” Autocar predicts that the new model will be a hybrid, with Katagari adding that a “combination” of hybrid and battery-electric models will be on the agenda. Autocar says Katagari “hinted it will arrive this decade” and that, following a launch in Japan, the new sports car would come to Europe and the U.S.

Exhaust: It’s good news for Nismo fans the world over, but especially in Europe where the Z coupé is out of reach due to emissions regulations. A plug-in hybrid sports car would comply with Euro rules, and bring some much-missed JDM performance back to the continent. —Nik Berg