Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
So what is the price ratio to say, the last Australian 370Z Nismo? We can apply that same ratio to the US and CAD Nismo prices to get some idea of what this thing is going to cost here.

Edit: according to https://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/coupe/nissan/370z/nismo/, the Nismo 2021 driveaway price in Australia was AU$67,771. The $80,092 driveaway price cited in the PR above for what amounts to the Z Performance trim is 118% of that Nismo price. So applying that ratio to the last CAD Nismo MSRP of $49,998 we get an estimated Canadian performance trim MSRP of $59,087. If it's that high, I won't be the only one waving bye-bye.
If that's accurate that would be around $45k USD which is a great price.

Yea that looks silly.

Why is 'Murica seemingly the only country getting the 9" screen?
Because 1" makes all the difference 😆

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

The mistake that is being made is that all of you are taking prices announced in other countries and simply converting them over to your own regional currencies. There is way more that goes into regional pricing than dialing up a currency calculator on a web page.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
You can't do the math that way (using currency conversion rate to estimate US price from Canadian price estimate) as Nissan eats about 1/2 of the currency exchange premium CAD/USD on their vehicle sales here. So US estimate would be more like $59k - .5 (59-45) or $52k.

🤣

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The mistake that is being made is that all of you are taking prices announced in other countries and simply converting them over to your own regional currencies. There is way more that goes into regional pricing than dialing up a currency calculator on a web page.
That is not what I did, I was very aware of that and so just used the pricing ratios between the models within the two countries to make an estimate. The logic being that if the new Aus Z is 18% more than the old Nismo down there, it's likely the new Canadian Z will also be about 18% more expensive than the old Nismo here.

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
So using conversion calculator... $56k USD for a performance trim??? This can't be right.

1652278943343.png
Because it's likely not right. Conversions don't necessarily work when it comes to cars.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
That is not what I did, I was very aware of that and so just used the pricing ratios between the models within the two countries to make an estimate. The logic being that if the new Aus Z is 18% more than the old Nismo down there, it's likely the Canadian Z will also be about 18% more expensive than the old Nismo here.
That is not what I did, I was very aware of that and so just used the pricing ratios between the models within the two countries to make an estimate. The logic being that if the new Aus Z is 18% more than the old Nismo down there, it's likely the Canadian Z will also be about 18% more expensive than the old Nismo here.
Actually just read over your pricing again I was a bit too hasty. Yes I believe you are just about right. My Canadian dealer said it'll be at most 55K CAD and with BC provincial tax all in 60K. Keep in mind the Supra is 72K and plus tax would be even more.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
We should (I will turn this car around if not, so help me) know rest of world pricing Monday. A few more days, y'all...
A few more days until we pop champagne bottles to celebrate or sharpen our pitchforks and storm Nissan Corp.

(just kidding FBI don't raid my house)

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang, Ram, Suburban, etc
thats why i have 3 deposits floating around one on a 23 supra manual blue , vette also blue lol , and a mach 1 you can guess the color, just in case the Z doesnt pan out
Lol we msut be the same guy. I own a 2021 Mach1 HP, have a vette being built, and i have the only Z coming to my area lol. similar taste in cars!

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
As West Aussie said, the price of the car in Australia is $73300AUD. Take away our taxes it becomes around $64,600. If you want to convert that to USD that’s $46,400. Usually US car prices are much lower than ours.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Lol we msut be the same guy. I own a 2021 Mach1 HP, have a vette being built, and i have the only Z coming to my area lol. similar taste in cars!
lol my girlfriend told me stick to american muscle , i was like dam it woman let me drive a jdm car for a bit lol