therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
They probably put the vents on the hood to extract heat from the engine bay, Z1 did something similar a couple years ago with their Time Attack 370z.
Yeah, was going to say they look right over the intercoolers, which makes a lot of sense. Imagine it'll make quite a difference.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Yeah, was going to say they look right over the intercoolers, which makes a lot of sense. Imagine it'll make quite a difference.
In addition to the vents, the real thing needs naca ducts up front on the hood - not necessarily because they'll flow better, but because they look awesome 😎.

I'm just saying, the R35 has naca ducts, so Nismo Z should have them too 🤠

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
This wouldn't be the Nismo Z that hopefully you will be able to buy in the future. I hope they offer the Nismo in more colors than just black, white, or red. They offered Nismos in silver but got rid of that offering later on.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
....think of this as the "Nismo Proto" - full blown track weapon.

Brembos
I bet it's a VR30 with bigger turbos, I'd guess 500hp / 450tq
I wonder if it'll have a massive jump in price like the GT-R > GT-R Nismo

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Does anyone else find it interesting that this car is LHD and obviously US-spec per the signal markers? May not mean anything at all. I just think it's interesting considering this car is coming out of the NISMO Japan HQ and is participating in a Japanese race. Maybe regs require LHD?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
This wouldn't be the Nismo Z that hopefully you will be able to buy in the future. I hope they offer the Nismo in more colors than just black, white, or red. They offered Nismos in silver but got rid of that offering later on.
Nissan should offer all of the same colors it offers on the non-Nismo cars. There is literally no law against it.